Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Even better. Sounds like Delta has it right. I've been pretty dissapointed with the FPC program lately but I hang in there because of the Plat5. I encounter problems on and off.

I just started out with Hyatt and really enjoying the breath of fresh air. The two maple leaf lounge passes are a great idea. Does it bring in a spouse or kids or just yourself and have to pay with whoever accompanies you?
The two Maple leaf lounge passes are generic....entry given to whomever presents them. One person per pass. I've gifted a few that were expiring and it works for anyone. I like the lounge in Calgary and YYZ is a treat with premium adult beverages after 11am (Guinness on tap even) and hot food/snacks...nice treat whether free or paid.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Points Surfer
The two Maple leaf lounge passes are generic....entry given to whomever presents them. One person per pass. I've gifted a few that were expiring and it works for anyone. I like the lounge in Calgary and YYZ is a treat with premium adult beverages after 11am (Guinness on tap even) and hot food/snacks...nice treat whether free or paid.
The AeroPlat provided me access to the lounge. I've tried both YYZ and YYC and agree its pretty nice. The YYZ was in international and YYC in domestic. YYC is building their international wing so it'll be finished soon. I imagine there will be a new maple leaf lounge in international.

Can you bring guests in with your passes for a fee? That would be a plus for a family with kids.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 7:32 am
Original Poster

The AeroPlat provided me access to the lounge. I've tried both YYZ and YYC and agree its pretty nice. The YYZ was in international and YYC in domestic. YYC is building their international wing so it'll be finished soon. I imagine there will be a new maple leaf lounge in international.

Can you bring guests in with your passes for a fee? That would be a plus for a family with kids.
Nice perk from AeroPlat ! We usually try to book AC Business class if on sale and the included Lounge access + the Delta passes sure make travel more enjoyable so imagine its nice to have that option all the time.

Good question though....I've never tried bringing a guest in myself. I'll look into it.

I noticed the Delta passes are good for any Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge but the ones you buy on Aeroplan are not valid for entry into the Maple Leaf Lounges in Europe.

Last edited by Points Surfer; Aug 18, 2013 at 11:02 am
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

The answer to your question wasn't clear in the T&Cs on the Pass so I asked Delta Privileges and even then it wasn't clear but they did do some research. They could not speak to Aeroplan on it.

My Question...Question on the Plat+ Maple Leaf Pass.....each pass states " Valid only for One Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person" and it also states " Anyone accessing a lounge under the age of majority must be accompanied by an adult with access to the lounge". Does this mean an Adult with a single pass may bring children travelling with them under the age of majority into the Lounge as well at no extra charge under the same Adult pass they will use ?

Answer from DP.....I have read the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge Terms and Conditions, I have been unable to find the exact item you mention. I am under the impression that you are able to bring your child in with you with 1 pass for 1 time. I have added the maple Leaf Lounge Terms and Conditions for you.

So it appears 1 Maple Leaf Lounge pass = 1 Adult + 1 Child @ No Charge. Beyond that I can't tell. Next time I'm at the Lounge reception, or if anyone else is, that may be the best place to pose the question of Adults w/children, fee's for more than 1 child, etc......and post your findings here.

Maple Leaf Lounge Admittance Terms & Conditions

1.Air Canada reserves the right to restrict, alter or amend the fees, amenities, services and lounge hours, locations, reciprocal lounge arrangements at any time with or without written notice.
2.Eligible lounge customers must present their pass/membership card and a confirmed same-day ticket or boarding pass on a departing Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Canada Codeshare or any Star Alliance member airline flight.
3.Lounge access fees are non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to change with or without written notice.
4.Maple Leaf Lounge access is for departing passengers with the exception of Super Elite and Elite members and their qualifying guests who can enjoy the additional privilege of access to the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge upon arrival at airports in Canada.
5.All Maple Leaf Lounges are subject to varying hours or operations and amenity services.
6.For the safety of our younger guests, each lounge strictly adheres to local laws and regulations regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages. Minors must be accompanied by an adult lounge guest.
7.While our lounges are not subject to a formal dress code, proper attire is respectfully requested.
8.Rules and guidelines of affiliated lounges may differ from those operated by Air Canada. Guests must conform to the Terms & Conditions of this affiliate lounges.
9.Air Canada reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue any lounge program at any time or to refuse to permit to any specific customer and, if sold, to cancel pass/membership, and deny any purchaser or visitor access to, or use of, any lounge. Air Canada will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser or visitor resulting from such refusal, cancellation, or denial other than a refund of monies paid for the pass/membership.
10.Air Canada reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any guest for inappropriate conduct, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.
11.Air Canada reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time with or without written notice.
12.Solicitation in Maple Leaf Lounges is prohibited.
13.Lounge customers may not bring food into the Lounge.
14.Food and beverages are provided for enjoyment in the Lounge and may not be removed.
15.Smoking is not permitted in any Maple Leaf Lounge location.
16.Airport luggage carts are not permitted in the Lounges.
17.With the exception of Service animals, all persons traveling with animals must keep them inside their approved travel pet carriers at all times.
18.Air Canada will not be held responsible for articles lost or stolen in the Lounges.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The answer to your question wasn't clear in the T&Cs on the Pass so I asked Delta Privileges and even then it wasn't clear but they did do some research. They could not speak to Aeroplan on it.

My Question...Question on the Plat+ Maple Leaf Pass.....each pass states " Valid only for One Maple Leaf Lounge visit for one person" and it also states " Anyone accessing a lounge under the age of majority must be accompanied by an adult with access to the lounge". Does this mean an Adult with a single pass may bring children travelling with them under the age of majority into the Lounge as well at no extra charge under the same Adult pass they will use ?

Answer from DP.....I have read the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge Terms and Conditions, I have been unable to find the exact item you mention. I am under the impression that you are able to bring your child in with you with 1 pass for 1 time. I have added the maple Leaf Lounge Terms and Conditions for you.

So it appears 1 Maple Leaf Lounge pass = 1 Adult + 1 Child @ No Charge. Beyond that I can't tell. Next time I'm at the Lounge reception, or if anyone else is, that may be the best place to pose the question of Adults w/children, fee's for more than 1 child, etc......and post your findings here.

Maple Leaf Lounge Admittance Terms & Conditions

1.Air Canada reserves the right to restrict, alter or amend the fees, amenities, services and lounge hours, locations, reciprocal lounge arrangements at any time with or without written notice.
2.Eligible lounge customers must present their pass/membership card and a confirmed same-day ticket or boarding pass on a departing Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Canada Codeshare or any Star Alliance member airline flight.
3.Lounge access fees are non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to change with or without written notice.
4.Maple Leaf Lounge access is for departing passengers with the exception of Super Elite and Elite members and their qualifying guests who can enjoy the additional privilege of access to the domestic Maple Leaf Lounge upon arrival at airports in Canada.
5.All Maple Leaf Lounges are subject to varying hours or operations and amenity services.
6.For the safety of our younger guests, each lounge strictly adheres to local laws and regulations regarding the serving of alcoholic beverages. Minors must be accompanied by an adult lounge guest.
7.While our lounges are not subject to a formal dress code, proper attire is respectfully requested.
8.Rules and guidelines of affiliated lounges may differ from those operated by Air Canada. Guests must conform to the Terms & Conditions of this affiliate lounges.
9.Air Canada reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue any lounge program at any time or to refuse to permit to any specific customer and, if sold, to cancel pass/membership, and deny any purchaser or visitor access to, or use of, any lounge. Air Canada will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser or visitor resulting from such refusal, cancellation, or denial other than a refund of monies paid for the pass/membership.
10.Air Canada reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any guest for inappropriate conduct, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.
11.Air Canada reserves the right to revise these terms and conditions at any time with or without written notice.
12.Solicitation in Maple Leaf Lounges is prohibited.
13.Lounge customers may not bring food into the Lounge.
14.Food and beverages are provided for enjoyment in the Lounge and may not be removed.
15.Smoking is not permitted in any Maple Leaf Lounge location.
16.Airport luggage carts are not permitted in the Lounges.
17.With the exception of Service animals, all persons traveling with animals must keep them inside their approved travel pet carriers at all times.
18.Air Canada will not be held responsible for articles lost or stolen in the Lounges.
Pointsurfer.. Did you Fast Track to becoming a Platinum/Platinum plus member? Or did you traditionally qualify and get win over by the service Delta provided to you?

What I like about Delta is that the program isn't inundated by non loyal customers, and you seem to be reaping the benefits of personal attention through upgrades, and service. Can Delta replace my status as an elite member at FPC. Based on the information that you've presented.. it definitely can if Plat5 is no longer offered with my Platinum Amex. I still get great service and treatment at Fairmonts, but I go through the executive offices in Alberta. As for other Fairmonts, I get what I book, and seldom do I get an extra upgrade at check-in.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Pointsurfer.. Did you Fast Track to becoming a Platinum/Platinum plus member? Or did you traditionally qualify and get win over by the service Delta provided to you?

What I like about Delta is that the program isn't inundated by non loyal customers, and you seem to be reaping the benefits of personal attention through upgrades, and service. Can Delta replace my status as an elite member at FPC. Based on the information that you've presented.. it definitely can if Plat5 is no longer offered with my Platinum Amex. I still get great service and treatment at Fairmonts, but I go through the executive offices in Alberta. As for other Fairmonts, I get what I book, and seldom do I get an extra upgrade at check-in.

I got started with a public Fast Track to Gold promotion several years ago ie stay 3 instead of 5 for Gold then earned Plat year 1 then Plat+ year 2 as my # 3 program after IHG #1, Starwood#2 back then.

My original motivator was maximizing my personal stays with Status at resorts in the Muskoka's until they closed but by then I grew to like specifically Plat+ benefits and found Delta people are great to deal with. I chalk it up to the fact Delta knows they have lots of competition and are a small player overall so they try harder for regulars than some other places.

As much as I hate to admit it earned status does have more value and Delta Privileges holds to that policy. There have been no Plat/Plat+ (even Gold)status matches or fast tracks I'm aware of. In my Delta travels I'd say 80% of their guests care little about status in Delta while 20% seem diehard fans and I do run across quite a few Plat+ members and lots of Plats....few Gold's actually. For many Delta Privileges Plat/Plat+ members it seems it is their primary program and driven by business stays.

I'm only an occasional user of Fairmont and have not enjoyed top tier benefits so all I can speak to is Delta really. If you capture Plat+ I'd say yes on benefits but Fairmont has so many property choice's I'd be worried about losing that if non-Canadian stays are a consideration. If Canada only stays matter I'd say you'll fare better in the West for resort type properties and the scales tip to Delta then with minimum Plat status.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Fall Limited Time Offer - Rates up to 30% off per night

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; Nov 6, 2013 at 2:24 pm
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:30 am
Suspended

My brother's wife's dad was the architect who designed The Delta lodge at Kananaskis. We stayed there one year because of a wedding and instead of just visiting we thought we would ask about rates for staying over night. We received a club room and were pleased. We tried staying for a weekend and the Lodge comped our breakfast I recall, a buffet in their main restaurant. It was nice. I looked briefly into the Delta loyalty program and at first glimpse with electronic certificates, I thought no free comps in suites which was my drive on loyalty programs 7 years ago.

I remember a beautiful fountain made of hundreds of tons of Rundle Stone on property. I also used the same stuff, about 300 tonnes worth to landscape our yard just because I was so inspired by the waterfall. I remember also a Canada Day worth of festivities onsite Delta. Great staff and great people.

Recently I observed another Macleod Trail hotel switching from a Best Western to a Delta. It's a pretty nice hotel. Delta has a good brand name in Canada.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

My brother's wife's dad was the architect who designed The Delta lodge at Kananaskis. We stayed there one year because of a wedding and instead of just visiting we thought we would ask about rates for staying over night. We received a club room and were pleased. We tried staying for a weekend and the Lodge comped our breakfast I recall, a buffet in their main restaurant. It was nice. I looked briefly into the Delta loyalty program and at first glimpse with electronic certificates, I thought no free comps in suites which was my drive on loyalty programs 7 years ago.

I remember a beautiful fountain made of hundreds of tons of Rundle Stone on property. I also used the same stuff, about 300 tonnes worth to landscape our yard just because I was so inspired by the waterfall. I remember also a Canada Day worth of festivities onsite Delta. Great staff and great people.

Recently I observed another Macleod Trail hotel switching from a Best Western to a Delta. It's a pretty nice hotel. Delta has a good brand name in Canada.

Thanks for the Kananaskis history.....never been there but hear its nice. When Delta Grandview closed (ie went back to private thanks to Clublink) a Lady by the name of Skyy (worked the front desk and ran Activities such as the boat tours etc) was transferred to Kananaskis in a similar role. If she is still there Skyy would be a great Kananaskis contact as she did a 1st Class job looking after guests at Grandview.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the Kananaskis history.....never been there but hear its nice. When Delta Grandview closed (ie went back to private thanks to Clublink) a Lady by the name of Skyy (worked the front desk and ran Activities such as the boat tours etc) was transferred to Kananaskis in a similar role. If she is still there Skyy would be a great Kananaskis contact as she did a 1st Class job looking after guests at Grandview.
The staff at the Delta Kananaskis are all great. Never had a problem with their follow up service. It would be a perfect chain for Hyatt to take over, but the elite benefits would clearly be watered down.. So perhaps just leave it as is. Plus, the Delta program is the perfect example how loyalty programs should be.

Right now I get the sense that the big chains are trying to poach each others' loyal customers to no end. With so many consumers ready to switch on a dime, the benefits are watered down to the lowest common denominator. But the special treatment is still there, but means those who are most loyal to a chain gets the same upgrades and inclusions.. Which is probably less than what they've historically receive.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

The staff at the Delta Kananaskis are all great. Never had a problem with their follow up service. It would be a perfect chain for Hyatt to take over, but the elite benefits would clearly be watered down.. So perhaps just leave it as is. Plus, the Delta program is the perfect example how loyalty programs should be.

Right now I get the sense that the big chains are trying to poach each others' loyal customers to no end. With so many consumers ready to switch on a dime, the benefits are watered down to the lowest common denominator. But the special treatment is still there, but means those who are most loyal to a chain gets the same upgrades and inclusions.. Which is probably less than what they've historically receive.
The Hotel Chains lost their customer's "loyalty" when they eroded stay incentives in many ways. When you can get status from credit cards or matches without ever staying at a hotel where is the "incentive" for the Hotel to keep/earn your business. I would call Delta Privileges an old school Incentive Program as loyalty is a fickle thing. You only get benefits if you actually stay there frequently. That said...if I have good enough rates to buy the room I want and stay at a smart hotel that wants future business based on service and value...I don't need anyone's program but my own.

Speaking of rates.....for your Fairmont stays check out CPSA rates. Fairmont folks tell me they are pretty good and CPSA is a paid membership but might allow you to buy better rooms and worry less about Fairmont's generosity or lack of. Test some rates with Promotion code NCPS...let me know if they are good, or not. http://www.fairmont.com/promotions/cpsa/

*Check out the CPSA portal as well for Delta stays

https://www.deltahotels.com/Corp-landing-pages/CPSA

Last edited by Points Surfer; Aug 22, 2013 at 6:29 pm Reason: *
Old Aug 22, 2013, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Deleted

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jan 18, 2014 at 8:30 pm
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Last Minute Escapes for (9/5 - 9/30)‏

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; Nov 6, 2013 at 2:25 pm
Old Sep 6, 2013, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

FYI....Last Minute Escapes for (9/5 - 9/30) 10-30% Savings at Select Hotels

To reserve by phone, call toll free reservations in North America: 1-888-890-3222 .

For arrivals on Sunday – Thursday, quote the rate code "DLM"
For arrivals on Friday & Saturday, quote the rate code "DLM2"
Tip....Delta London is not on this list for some reason. However, if you enter/book it manually on the Delta reservations section in the Promo/Group code section the codes PDLM or PDLM2 work....and discounted rates can be found. Great rates actually, as low as $78.

Last edited by Points Surfer; Nov 6, 2013 at 2:25 pm
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Book and Board promotion

Deleted

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jan 18, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.