Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I wish the SPG was on our "in policy" list. Unfortunately, only the Delta and Lord Elgin Downtown and the Marriott at Byward Mkt (where we stayed last time) pay the kick backs required to get on the list.....
Old Apr 5, 2013, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by bzbdewd
I wish the SPG was on our "in policy" list. Unfortunately, only the Delta and Lord Elgin Downtown and the Marriott at Byward Mkt (where we stayed last time) pay the kick backs required to get on the list.....
Just speculating.... but sometime's depending on the company if a better rate/deal can be found elsewhere you can justify getting around the list.

Example....I'm a member of the CPSA and enjoys good rates as a result. Check out www.cpsa.com if interested...easy to buy-in/join. A quick sample booking for a basic room on April 25 at the Westin Ottawa (nice) shows $379 Lowest Std Rate while CPSA is $280. The nearby Sheraton (decent+CPSA gets free internet) $269 Lowest Std Rate while CPSA is $187. The Delta in contrast is Reg $199 and $155 CPSA. CPSA rates in Canada are quite good and often the advanced prepaid nonrefundable level but without those restrictions (try some SPG test booking with SET/Corporate Account # 8667). Some find CPSA member rates allows them to buy a better room if they don't have status or justify changing locations with savings and still stay within guideline's.

So "maybe" if you can find rates close to or less than the company list they would consider it. If so you could try for a SPG status match/fast track deal using your Diamond with Hilton/Hyatt.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Last Minute Escapes for (4/4 - 4/28)

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; May 1, 2013 at 7:16 pm
Old Apr 18, 2013, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Spring Limited Time Offer - Rates up to 35% off per night‏

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jun 5, 2013 at 2:17 pm
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
News for Kitchener stays.....older hotel so nice if renovated and it remains Delta but the new owners said... " Whether it will remain the Delta or be rebranded is something that is under evaluation".

http://www.therecord.com/news/busine...s-in-the-works
FYI...This location leaving Delta June 1 2013. Independant until rebranded to a IHG Crown Plaza fall of 2013
Old May 1, 2013, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Last Minute Escapes for (5/2 - 5/31)

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jun 5, 2013 at 2:17 pm
Old May 8, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Delta drops Chelsea Hotel

Delta Hotels & Resorts is dropping the Chelsea in Toronto from its list of hotels:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/20/delta-chelsea/
I don't know when this takes effect, but its bad news for members of the Delta Privilege program! (The PR says they will replace it with another hotel in downtown Toronto) but the new property is not yet complete!).
This is the 2nd flag to pull out of Toronto (the first was the Meridien King Edward, now a "Skyline" hotel) on King Street East.
Old May 10, 2013, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Delta Hotels & Resorts is dropping the Chelsea in Toronto from its list of hotels:
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/20/delta-chelsea/
I don't know when this takes effect, but its bad news for members of the Delta Privilege program! (The PR says they will replace it with another hotel in downtown Toronto) but the new property is not yet complete!).
This is the 2nd flag to pull out of Toronto (the first was the Meridien King Edward, now a "Skyline" hotel) on King Street East.
There will be a big gap in Toronto until the new one is done. But like the Kitchener Hotel leaving in June....if can only get better with new and improved Delta's as most getting weathered. Looking forward to trying the new Delta Kingston soon....stayed there when it was the Radisson and its a great waterfront location.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Save as much as 35%

"From May 15, 2013 - Save as much as 35% at one of our participating 40 hotels across the country. Offer valid until May 19, 2013, for stays from May 15, 2013 to August 5, 2013".

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jun 2, 2013 at 3:24 pm Reason: Expired
Old May 19, 2013, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Delta’s Web Saver Plus

Until September 3, get up to 25% off your daily rate and up to 750 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles per stay with Delta’s Web Saver Plus. To earn bonus miles for your Delta stay, provide your Aeroplan Number when you make your online reservation and present your Aeroplan Card when you check-in.

https://www.deltahotels.com/websaver
Old Jun 1, 2013, 4:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question How is this a deal?

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Until September 3, get up to 25% off your daily rate and up to 750 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles per stay with Delta’s Web Saver Plus. To earn bonus miles for your Delta stay, provide your Aeroplan Number when you make your online reservation and present your Aeroplan Card when you check-in.
https://www.deltahotels.com/websaver
As a Delta Privilege Gold member, I check these rates regularly. IMO, they are rarely (if ever) better than existing rate codes!

Can anyone explain to me how $142 is a "deal" in SS Marie when I already get a gov't rate of $112?

SPG is another matter!! Often, I find their no-cancel and starpicks rates are LOWER than corporate rates. Now that is a DEAL!

Are Canadians that gullible?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
As a Delta Privilege Gold member, I check these rates regularly. IMO, they are rarely (if ever) better than existing rate codes!

Can anyone explain to me how $142 is a "deal" in SS Marie when I already get a gov't rate of $112?

SPG is another matter!! Often, I find their no-cancel and starpicks rates are LOWER than corporate rates. Now that is a DEAL!

Are Canadians that gullible?

Few if anyone looking for deals on Flyertalk is fortunate enough to get a government rate as you know so these rates/sales are irrelevant to someone who does.

So unless you are a member of an association like the CPSA, CAA/AAA, or have a special Corporate/Gov rate these are often as good as it gets and even or par with pre paid non refundable discounter website rates. You still have to shop around and test codes I've mentioned before here. Some Delta's will custom quote a corporate rate if you frequent a particular location as well.

If you use Websaver OR Delta sale rates you have to consider peak times and length of stays affect the rate and availability per the Delta chart’s. Status never affects the rate, only upgrades.

Example for Delta Sault Ste Marie for a workday like Monday June 17. Base Delta room.

No rate deals = $149 Delta Best Available rate
Priceline / Kayak / Hotels.com / Travelocity = $144
CAA Rate $135 w/ ID
Websaver Rate $127 + 750 Aeroplan miles per stay
Last Minutes Escape’s Rate $127 (Code PDLM)
CPSA Rate $114 w/ ID
Government Rate $112 (Code PSW15) Federal Government of Canada rate w/ ID

Great thing about Plat+ and booking the CPSA base room rate of $114 at Delta Sault Ste Marie last month I was given the Presidential Suite upgrade for free and typically at least a Suite other stays so Plat+ upgrades are a nice side benefit at time of booking, free brkfst, etc so paying a few bucks more is offset. For only $2 more than a Gov rate its a good deal for a CPSA member but even $15 more on a promo rate without an affiliation is not bad either. Booking a government rate may not allow upgrades beyond Delta base or Premier rooms per the rate terms and may not payout on Aeroplan miles I believe….what can you get for that gov rate?

My best tip if anyone travels on business a lot in Canada is to buy a CPSA membership if you cannot get a Federal Gov employee rate. After that Delta promotions or CAA works too.

Typically I never use SPG star pick or ppd rates as CPSA rates are similar or a little better in Canada I find and cancellable, most often CAA/AAA rates in the US are good. Non-refundable rates are useless at any price if you need a flexible schedule.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Last Minute Escapes for (6/6 - 7/1)

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jul 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

From June 19, 2013 - Save as much as 30%

Expired

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jul 9, 2013 at 12:11 pm
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Delta London Armouries Hotel Offer

FYI....

Delta London Armouries Hotel

GREAT NEWS!! We're launching a new promotion!! It's called "Shades of Summer"!! Book any room for 2 nights now till the end of summer, and get 50% off your 2nd nights stay!
Contact our reservations team now to take advantage of this GREAT offer!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.