Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking at 3rd Party Sites?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Booking at 3rd Party Sites?

I'm new here and just had a question about booking at other sites and earning points/mileage for the stays...

Can this be done?

If I book through Orbitz or Hotels.com can I get mileage/points for it? The reason I ask is because of the cashback that can be earned through various sites.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 3:43 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Amarante
I'm new here and just had a question about booking at other sites and earning points/mileage for the stays...

Can this be done?

If I book through Orbitz or Hotels.com can I get mileage/points for it? The reason I ask is because of the cashback that can be earned through various sites.
WHICH hotel program are you talking about? There are dozens of programs and each has its own rules. Even within a single program, it may depend on whether the stay is prepaid or you pay at checkout. Please be specific if you want an answer. Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 10:53 am
Original Poster

BWR, Choice, LQR.

I assume booking a hotel at hotels.com or something of the sort would be prepaid? I really know very little about this and I am new to the hotels for work thing.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Amarante
BWR, Choice, LQR.

I assume booking a hotel at hotels.com or something of the sort would be prepaid? I really know very little about this and I am new to the hotels for work thing.
You need to go to your hotel program's website and click on the applicable link for earning points to find out. For example, the rules for Best Western are a bit complicated, but they are posted for all to read. If you don't want to do that, then call the toll-free number on your membership card and ask.

Q: How do I earn Best Western Rewards® points?

A: Each time you stay at a Best Western hotel at a qualifying rate, you'll earn 10 points for each U.S. dollar (or the equivalent in other currencies) you spend on your room rate excluding tax. Points can also be earned with various Best Western Rewards® partners.

Q: What are qualifying rates?

A: All rates qualify for except for the following: --Leisure Club (LC), House Plan (HP), Employee/Member (E), European Employee (EE), Preferred Net (DI/D2), Priceline (PL/PN), Travelocity Promotional (D3), Orbitz Promotional (44), Expedia (FIT), Net/FIT (FI), Travel Agent Discount (TA), Tours (Group Tour Operator), Group (OF/OG), Crew and Deeply Discounted Extended Stay and Hotel Negotiated (greater than 20 percent discount), GCCI (FX), Dynamic Net Tour (X2), Dynamic Vacation Packages (WB), Amenity Packages, Unit Card (UC), Site 59 (59) and other locally negotiated hotel discount rates for crew or extended stays for longer than one week.

Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
Q: What are qualifying rates?
[...] Expedia (FIT) [...]
Expedia offers two different types of rates, one of those being the 'Expedia Special Rate'. If you book that special rate, the amount will be charged by Expedia (and you won't collect any points/miles).

The other rate type is either payable at the hotel or will be charged in advance by the hotel. This rate type qualifys for collecting points.

adiós, vievic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.