La Quinta beta site- Avoid!

Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
La Quinta beta site- Avoid!

Made the mistake the other day of saying I'd use the beta version of the La Quinta web site the other day, and was dumped into this world where a white band covered up most useful information, and a search couldn't turn up hotels I was interested in booking. And if you try to close it out and re-enter the web site, it will dump you back to the beta mess with no way of going back to the classic and functional web site. You need to either use another browser or I assume clear all cookies to be able to return to that functional version.

To say it's a mess and a half is putting it lightly, and they're probably losing bookings already from people who give up on it.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Made the mistake the other day of saying I'd use the beta version of the La Quinta web site the other day, and was dumped into this world where a white band covered up most useful information, and a search couldn't turn up hotels I was interested in booking. And if you try to close it out and re-enter the web site, it will dump you back to the beta mess with no way of going back to the classic and functional web site. You need to either use another browser or I assume clear all cookies to be able to return to that functional version.

To say it's a mess and a half is putting it lightly, and they're probably losing bookings already from people who give up on it.
Do you still get the beta site if you go back to the LQ website using your browser's private/incognito mode?

If not (ie, if that you back to the regular LQ website), clear all the LQ cookies in your browser. (Private/incognito mode ignore your saved cookies and doesn't save any cookies either, so when it works and regular browsing doesn't, it's often a cookies issue that keeps regular browsing from working.)

And here I thought the LQ's website (which takes ages to load, compared to any other hotel website) couldn't be made any worse. What silly thinking on my part.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.