Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance unveils loyalty program

Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Active thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1958660-global-hotel-alliance-discovery-loyalty-program-q-thread-2018-present.html
Print Wikipost

Global Hotel Alliance unveils loyalty program

Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:31 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
This room guarantee is very generic, "black out days" may apply. Can anyone do me a favor who's a platinum and do a quick search for a hotel that's sold out months ahead?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
If you're looking for a GHA property in Singapore, the PARKROYAL on Beach Road has a newly refurbished room type (Premier) which is really nice and great price too!

GHA Black members get S$10 Minibar credit and double upgrades at this property (subjected to availability).
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:53 am

GHA refuses to honor Orbitz/Expedia stays (recent experience at the Pan PAcific - Manila). This program is abysmal (to say the least), but they used to honor stays at properites booked under third party (i.e. the likes of Expedia or Orbitz), NO LONGER. This program is so bad, our flying execs have refused to stay in GHA hotels.
Old May 9, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Is the system broken? I have stayed more than enough dates to qualify to the next level, but unfortunately that never materialised.

Now when I log in it doesn't even show the points or any past stays. This frequent guest program is truly abysmal...
Old May 13, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by aster
Is the system broken? I have stayed more than enough dates to qualify to the next level, but unfortunately that never materialised.

Now when I log in it doesn't even show the points or any past stays. This frequent guest program is truly abysmal...
The program isn't bad, the IT sucks. The benefits are quite good, as far as room upgrades and treatment.

With Omni, you can call them and they will fix these things.
Old May 15, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I wrote to them and they were brilliant (and lightning fast) at fixing all issues concerning my account. My miles are now showing correctly and my status has been upgraded.

I really want to book a hotel stay using the free points, but for some reason it's only able to do so for '2 adults only'. Add 2 kids and suddenly you cannot redeem... bummer this.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by AirCrew
GHA refuses to honor Orbitz/Expedia stays (recent experience at the Pan PAcific - Manila). This program is abysmal (to say the least), but they used to honor stays at properites booked under third party (i.e. the likes of Expedia or Orbitz), NO LONGER. This program is so bad, our flying execs have refused to stay in GHA hotels.
I used to earn my nights via OTAs but not anymore too. The benefits are great at some properties but the GHA people take forever to reply. I recently had a stay booked through GHA.com that wasn't eligible
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:28 am

if i book 2 rooms, can i get 2 upgrade or only 1 room?

is it possible that i get upgrade to two bedrooms?

i m starting with plat, since i register BT PLUS..
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by seba
i m starting with plat, since i register BT PLUS..
What do you mean?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Flamewing
What do you mean?
h++ps://www.businesstraveller.com/bt-plus/gha-discovery/

you can fast track if you subscribe this
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: N/A
Would anyone know if there are any status match opportunities with GHA?

Secondly, would qualifying black through the double tier nights promotion still allow me to earn the local experiences?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: SPG PLT 100+, TK ELITE+
Is there any signup promo for new members? I have plans to try this program in 2018. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by JBG89
Would anyone know if there are any status match opportunities with GHA?

Secondly, would qualifying black through the double tier nights promotion still allow me to earn the local experiences?
Was just looking into this myself. The T&C state:
Local Experience awards are not issued for direct enrolments of fast-track campaigns into a higher tier status of the DISCOVERY membership programme. Members who are directly enrolled or fast-tracked into a higher tier status (for example, through this promotion) will only receive a DISCOVERY Local Experience award when they meet the applicable minimum eligible nights requirement for the respective tier status.

So I guess the answer to your 2nd question is no.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
Was just looking into this myself. The T&C state:
Local Experience awards are not issued for direct enrolments of fast-track campaigns into a higher tier status of the DISCOVERY membership programme. Members who are directly enrolled or fast-tracked into a higher tier status (for example, through this promotion) will only receive a DISCOVERY Local Experience award when they meet the applicable minimum eligible nights requirement for the respective tier status.

So I guess the answer to your 2nd question is no.
+1 won't be getting LE"s for one lousy night... Oh well !

anyone has more information regarding the new Kemp's benefits coming 2018? ie suite upgrade voucher and third night free?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.