FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other European Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines-469/)
-   -   SpanAir Lounge in BCN (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-european-airlines/827996-spanair-lounge-bcn.html)

GoingAway May 27, 2008 3:00 pm

SpanAir Lounge in BCN

Can anyone tell me if there are shower facilities in this lounge? Also, will I even have access to a lounge if I'm connecting to a domestic flight? Thanks.

alanw May 28, 2008 3:14 am

Hi GA, can't imagine why you're interested in this subject. ;)

The lounge is quite nice, but doesn't have showers. There aren't in any BCN at the moment. When the new *A terminal opens next year, that will for sure be a different story, but for now you're out of luck I'm afraid.

As BCN is all in a single terminal, you'll be able to access the lounge on your connection no problem. It's located near the center of the terminal near the 30 gates. Just follow the signs to "Sala VIP".

GoingAway May 28, 2008 5:31 am

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 9787722)
Hi GA, can't imagine why you're interested in this subject. ;)

It's a mystery ;)

Thanks for the info, that's what I feared when looking at their site.

imverge Jun 2, 2008 9:02 am

The lounge in BCN is OK. Just OK.

It's very small with a very poor selection of "snacks" basically chips, cookies and nuts. Very poor selection of reading material and two very slow internet with two aging computer terminals.

GoingAway Jun 2, 2008 9:11 am

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 9812595)
The lounge in BCN is OK. Just OK.

It's very small with a very poor selection of "snacks" basically chips, cookies and nuts. Very poor selection of reading material and two very slow internet with two aging computer terminals.

Is there wifi? A comfortable place to curl up and nap?

I always think having a "quiet" space is better than being in the terminal, so will appreciate whatever small amenity is available.

alanw Jun 2, 2008 9:23 am

GoingAway, it has wifi, free computers, plenty of magazines, and the same food you find in pretty much every lounge in Europe, with a couple of exceptions. Plenty of room to curl up and relax.

Don't pay attention to other posters who have an axe to grind against SpanAir for some reason, and respond to every post about them with all sorts of random negativity even when it doesn't add anything to the conversation.

GoingAway Jun 2, 2008 10:54 am

Remember my usual is the United RCC domestic lounges so this will be a wonderful in comparison most likely. Thanks for the response/update :)

Fims Jun 2, 2008 1:00 pm

I think that the new one in the new terminal will be similar to the new lounge of MAD, then opened last year. The one new one in MAD is great - enough space and good PCs, but yes, limited choice of snacks.

I do not know that much about RCCs but at least ORD T5 RCC or SFO RCC is better than current BCN JK lounge.

imverge Jun 17, 2008 12:13 am

Originally Posted by alanw (Post 9812711)
GoingAway, it has wifi, free computers, plenty of magazines, and the same food you find in pretty much every lounge in Europe, with a couple of exceptions. Plenty of room to curl up and relax.

Don't pay attention to other posters who have an axe to grind against SpanAir for some reason, and respond to every post about them with all sorts of random negativity even when it doesn't add anything to the conversation.

Are we talking about the same lounge :confused:

Good luck in getting the WiFi to work and the desk staff are of no help, they just point you to the two old computer terminals.

You can't even compare the food offerings to a BA or AF European lounge.

To the OP don't expect very much. Please gives us a lounge report, I think our North American expectations are different than someone in Europe.

GoingAway Jun 17, 2008 5:54 am

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 9891532)
Are we talking about the same lounge :confused:

Good luck in getting the WiFi to work and the desk staff are of no help, they just point you to the two old computer terminals.

You can't even compare the food offerings to a BA or AF European lounge.

To the OP don't expect very much. Please gives us a lounge report, I think our North American expectations are different than someone in Europe.

While I absolutey want wi-fi, outside of that I'd point out that RCC is my regular lounge in the US so really - my expectations are pretty low. Still playing with routing options on this ticket, so might switch this around before travel day.

imverge Jun 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway (Post 9892225)
While I absolutey want wi-fi, outside of that I'd point out that RCC is my regular lounge in the US so really - my expectations are pretty low. Still playing with routing options on this ticket, so might switch this around before travel day.

RCC is Royal Carpet Club compared to "Spanair" lounge. It's not even their own lounge it's a private run lounge shared by many other airlines.

On a scale of 1/10 I would give the lounge a 5/10. When I was last there last summer they had for snacks... chips in a bowl (not even in a single serving bag), cookies that look no different than what you'd get in a Mr. Christie box, mixed nuts and a small platter with 1/4 cut sandwiches which were tasteless, oh and there was some wrapped candy.

Like I said, please give us a lounge report because my opinion seems to have come into question.

You mention you have an option with routing?

imverge Jun 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Fims (Post 9814058)
yes, limited choice of snacks.

I do not know that much about RCCs but at least ORD T5 RCC or SFO RCC is better than current BCN JK lounge.

YES & YES the RCC's you mention are much better than the JK lounge in BCN.

GoingAway Jun 17, 2008 7:04 pm

Okay, so not looking to spending a few hours in this place anymore but am curious to see it as comparison to the RCC. I wasn't planning on changing the inbound routing, its the return I'm still playing with. No reason to visit the lounge twice, I'm sure, so maybe will look at LIS for that cxn.

imverge Jun 17, 2008 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway (Post 9896454)
Okay, so not looking to spending a few hours in this place anymore but am curious to see it as comparison to the RCC. I wasn't planning on changing the inbound routing, its the return I'm still playing with. No reason to visit the lounge twice, I'm sure, so maybe will look at LIS for that cxn.

Very nice TAP lounge in Lisbon they stock a fantastic selection of port-wine too ;)

Christobal Jan 15, 2010 9:56 am

Port is good, Vodka sub-par ;-) Good service... nothing more to say