Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin baggage at RyanAir?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 4:23 pm

You are - again (wise men ) - right there. Theoretically they could offload you. But again I've talked to people who work for Ryanair and they told me they never witnessed a case where it actually happened. They just always stress how strict controls at STN are supposed to be.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Okay, then, regarding your advices...
I think I'll squeeze my laptop in the bag, but I'll try to bring in a shoulder bag, in a size, that hopefully won't strike the eye It's a smaller risk, then a whole laptop case.
And I'm flying on Monday, I'll post you, how did it turn out I'm so excited!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:08 pm

Think that's a good solution! Best luck to get it onboard and have a nice flight.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue, VS Red
Originally Posted by LeifurEriksson
... have a nice flight.
Is it possible to have a "nice" flight on RyanAir?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:47 am
Suspended

latest scam from Liarair is to let you check in online then when you print the boarding card the bar code does not show up and you have to pay to check in
Old Apr 7, 2008, 3:46 pm

Actually I don't think they are that bad. I even prefer them over easyJet. Everything about their product is cheap, I agree, but at least they don't try to disguise it as something it isn't. I get priority boarding for free, can secure my seat at the exit with loads of space and simply put on my headphones and sleep through all the terrible announcements and voila, the flight's over If it's only a short hop it could be way worse.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 2:41 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
I have the same question and I'm wondering if MIDO ever wrote back to tell us about his/her trip??

I have a small shoulder bag and a small laptop backpack, in addition to a rolling bag that I will check. I don't see anything on their site about a "personal item" so I presume even a woman's purse would count as the one piece of cabin baggage??

My two carry-ons together will be under 10kg, so I'm thinking I'll just bring a large shopping bag and throw them together inside that for boarding, so technically it will be 1 item and will be under-weight and under-size. Sound like a good strategy?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 5:43 am

Ryanair doesn't do "personal item". When they say one they mean ONE.

However, like you say, there's nothing stopping you making one bag out of the 2 bags by putting them in another bag - even a plastic bin liner - as long as they meet the weight / size requirements

Last edited by alanR; Jul 10, 2008 at 10:57 am
Old Jul 10, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Originally Posted by alanR
even a plastic bin liner
Great idea! A trash bag as carry-on to a trashy airline! I'll fit in nicely...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.