Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Meridiana - Any recent comments/No e-Tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, United

I am looking to book a flight on Meridiana, and Expedia (the Meridiana flight seems to be having issues) is telling me I cannot get an e-ticket, and must have a paper ticket shipped to me. Is this indeed the case for Meridiana, and this common in Western Europe?

Also, has anyone had any recent experiences with Meridiana? A search of the forums hasn't shown much since '04. Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 6:56 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold RIP); Airpoints Gold Elite; Flying Blue Gold; Emirates, Gold; Qantas, Platinum
I have only used IG on domestic services between Rome and Olbia. They certainly do have e-tickets as I have used them only recently.

They use their tired MD-80s on their PSO routes within Italy. The nicer A319s are used from their mailand bases.

Their domestic service is non-existant. There are no drinks runs and nothing to purchase on board. You get on, sit down and switch your phone on the moment the plane touches down (or atleast that is what seems to happen).

I met with IG in Olbia and they seem to be having a bit of a rough time of things. They are too expansive to be low-cost, but do not have the coverage to be a proper network airline. They don't seem to have FFP tie-ins, except their own programme.

Their ownership (or perhaps former ownership) by the Aga Khan did promise something slightly more luxurious than the reality.

Incidentlally, all my IG flights have been late - mostly by an hour of so.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, United
Thanks! The site seems back up, and just booked (LIN-CDG in April). For 9 Euro, I can live with no frills. Just hope the plane shows up.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:32 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Moving this thread to the Other European FFPs forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old May 9, 2008, 10:07 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
Any recent experiences?

I'm hesitating to book a LIN-CDG flight after reading this thread. I'm connecting to an trans-Atlantic flight at CDG and can't afford to miss it. Is this airline as unreliable as this thread would indicate?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Reviving an 8 yr old thread on this airline. I've seen some ads with reasonalble business class fares from JFK-NAP for under $1600 r/t. Any recent experiences with this carrier, info says flights would be on Air Italy-- which also doesn't seem to have any recent posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.