Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

How can I verify an Air Moldova ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Flying Blue, TrueBlue

Hello everyone,

while doing searches online for a one way ticket from LON to MOW, I found an interesting solution with Air Moldova. STN-KIV-DME with a full day layover in KIV. Since I have a good friend living there, I told myself, why not.

Purchasing the ticket online was not easy but eventually, I found a Canadian based website that let me do it. They sent me a pdf eticket with Air Moldova record locator and e-ticket number. It looks legitimate. However, I google the website I used and found some bad reviews especially concerning non-existing tickets.

I tried to put the AirMoldova record locator on airmoldova.com and the ticket does not show up. However, they do say that only tickets bought from their website would appear. I tried using checkmytrip, viewtrip and virtually there and they give an error as the record locator is 5 characters and not 6.

Is my only option to verify this ticket to actually call Air Moldova on their Moldovan number?

Thanks!

PS the website in question is flightnetwork.com
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Aelx2k
Is my only option to verify this ticket to actually call Air Moldova on their Moldovan number?

PS the website in question is flightnetwork.com
I've used the site a bunch of times and have had no complaints.

Having booked through them on LH recently, I know that the record locator FlightNetwork provides in their confirmation is unrelated to airline's booking code. LH will pull up the reservation using the one given by the them, but they are probably one of the exceptions.
I would first first contact FlightNetwork and see if they can give it to you (being the service provider, they should be able to look it up), and if they can't, then contact the airline.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage, Flying Blue, TrueBlue
Thanks a lot for the reassuring words, Speedbird84. I suppose that after all those who leave comments do so because they had a problem.

I managed to pull up the Flight Network record locator on viewtrip and everything seems ok. I suppose I worried for nothing. The Air Moldova record locator I cannot pull up anywhere, though.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:02 am

Air Moldova ticket

Hi, Alex,

AirMoldova is based in SITA Gabriel and there's no general resource so far where you can check your booking or e-ticket. They used to have a too to check a booking by this 5 digit PNR (with very little information displayed), but it is not active anymore. If you want, you can send me your e-ticket number privately and I can check it for you. I am a travel agent from Moldova and we use AirMoldova's direct booking system

Cheers!

Lilian

Originally Posted by Aelx2k
Thanks a lot for the reassuring words, Speedbird84. I suppose that after all those who leave comments do so because they had a problem.

I managed to pull up the Flight Network record locator on viewtrip and everything seems ok. I suppose I worried for nothing. The Air Moldova record locator I cannot pull up anywhere, though.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
What you can try is to visit the website of Saudia, then click, 'manage my booking', choose 'e-ticket' and fill out the required information. If the ticket is issued, this site will most likely show it: it shows a lot of e-tickets, also outside SkyTeam. I've used it a few time to look up booking class on certain tickets.

Not 100% sure if air Moldova can be found here, but it's worth a shot. And credit to Oliver2002 for showing me this possibility.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by UltraRant
What you can try is to visit the website of Saudia, then click, 'manage my booking', choose 'e-ticket' and fill out the required information. If the ticket is issued, this site will most likely show it: it shows a lot of e-tickets, also outside SkyTeam. I've used it a few time to look up booking class on certain tickets.

Not 100% sure if air Moldova can be found here, but it's worth a shot. And credit to Oliver2002 for showing me this possibility.
I've used this too when I didn't have the operating carrier's PNR or when the airline's own website didn't seem to be working properly. It sounds a bit crazy that you can find so many tickets on the Saudia website, but it works surprisingly well.

However,I'm not sure whether the coverage includes Air Moldavia or indeed whether there's a list anywhere of the ticket stocks that Saudia does cover.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:45 pm

Why not just e-mail them and ask to reconfirm your booking and ticketing? [email protected]

Or you can contact them at London STN
Mobile: + 44 (0) 75 258 258 56
E-mail: [email][email protected][/e-mail]

These are the e-mails and phone number I got from their website under "contacts".

Is your ticket issued on 9U's stock?
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
With air moldova, best solution is to call them. Not always efficient, but they do their best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.