Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Easy way to get from Bristol to LGW or LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2005, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get from Bristol to LHR i am trying to fly from bristol or london for that matter to lisbon any i need to know 1. if it is a hassle getting to LGW or LHR from Bristol 2. any cheap flights from LHR or LGW to Lisbon thanks ann
Old Sep 19, 2005, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
You're probably better asking this in the UK forum rather than the European FF one, but here goes...

Bristol is physically closer to LHR than LGW.

From Bristol, take the train www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk to Reading. From there, you can either get a coach (www.railair.com) to Heathrow (45-60 mins) or another train to Gatwick (1hr 15 mins, again with first great western, link as above).

You can also get to Heathrow via Paddington using the Heathrow Express - similar times to changing to a coach at Reading, but further to walk at Heathrow.

Another option is National Express (www.nationalexpress.com) who probably run direct coaches from Bristol to both airports.

Not aware of any flights from BRS to LIS direct.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both KL and SN do good connections from BRS to LIS, with short connections in AMS or BRU respectively.

Alternatively, take the short hop up to MAN on WOW (www.airsouthwest.com and connect to NI flights to LIS).

However, the quickest way is probably to take a taxi or bus to LHR and take a direct flight. Its 2 hours on the bus - www.gobycoach.com - or an hour and a half max by taxi.

Avoid the trek round to LGW especially in the peak hours, or you will be sitting in a jam on the M25.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by simon_n10
However, the quickest way is probably to take a taxi or bus to LHR and take a direct flight. Its 2 hours on the bus - www.gobycoach.com - or an hour and a half max by taxi.
As a Bath resident, and frequent visitor to LHR, I think you're underestimating the amount of time it takes to get along the M4... I mean, BRS is out the west-end of Bristol, and the whole journey has got to be the best part of 120 miles.

Leaving an hour and a half to get from BRS to LHR by taxi is asking for trouble.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NickW
Leaving an hour and a half to get from BRS to LHR by taxi is asking for trouble.
Not to mention that it would probably negate any savings on the air fare.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
Not to mention that it would probably negate any savings on the air fare.
There is that too. Taxi fare (on the meter) from Bristol to Heathrow - well, I dread to think. I've paid £100 flat fare from Bath to Heathrow (on a Sunday).
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: QR platinum
Originally Posted by simon_n10
Both KL and SN do good connections from BRS to LIS, with short connections in AMS or BRU respectively.
with SN ( the BRU - LIS-leg on codeshare with TAP) BRS - LIS : £ 78 + about £ 20 taxes

total travel time: 7 h !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.