Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet Summer Schedules: Release *time*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AZ, VS, AA, UA

Evening all. I'm preparing to nab some (hopefully) well-priced seats next summer (August) on an EasyJet route.

They've revealed the seats will be on sale from September 27, but not at what time they will be released.

The logical assumption from an IT perspective is midnight - but does anyone out there actually know what time they become bookable?

TIA

OB
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:56 am

My first notification for the flights released this week was at 05:35 on Wednesday morning. On a few occasions before that it was around 7:00am to 8:00am, whereas a couple of years ago and more it was around 1:00am.

I would go for the 5:00am to 6:00am slot, but don't hold me to it.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
The logical assumption from an IT perspective is midnight - but does anyone out there actually know what time they become bookable?
But which timezone actually handles their IT?

Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
My first notification for the flights released this week was at 05:35 on Wednesday morning. On a few occasions before that it was around 7:00am to 8:00am, whereas a couple of years ago and more it was around 1:00am.

I would go for the 5:00am to 6:00am slot, but don't hold me to it.
Thanks ft101... that's useful. I'll try at midnight UK and again first thing in the morning.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:07 am

First alerts on my routes came in at 05:18 this morning.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
First alerts on my routes came in at 05:18 this morning.
Yup, similar for me. I noticed the email alerts came first, then those on the phone app somewhat later.

Luckily I was hovering over the keyboard and snagged my flights pretty early, about 0545, as the demand-driving pricing machine at EasyJet is obviously working properly. I paid just under £1400 for 5 people STN-DLM in August.

The price right now for the same flights is £2033 - which is what it was about 2 hours after release. Ouch. Interestingly, it's also more expensive than a near-identical flight (timing, route) with TCX... which probably says something about the effectiveness of EZY's marketing machine.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:35 am

I just got a release email alert regarding the EasyJet route I'm watching (NCE-NAP), flight is wide open, but rates aren't so great. Should I just jump on summer fare now or wait for a "sale?"
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I just got a release email alert regarding the EasyJet route I'm watching (NCE-NAP), flight is wide open, but rates aren't so great. Should I just jump on summer fare now or wait for a "sale?"
Hard one to call. There *might* be a sale depending on how well sold that route is. I would sign up for alerts on Google Flights, Kayak, etc. and monitor carefully. When are you travelling? I wouldn't hang around past M-4.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by OxfordBlue
Hard one to call. There *might* be a sale depending on how well sold that route is. I would sign up for alerts on Google Flights, Kayak, etc. and monitor carefully. When are you travelling? I wouldn't hang around past M-4.
Thank you for your response, we are traveling the first week of July...NCE to NAP route.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
ATM, the flights are €34, apart from saturday when they are €46. (based on 2 ppl travelling). To be honest I cannot see them going any cheaper than that.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lehovec
ATM, the flights are €34, apart from saturday when they are €46. (based on 2 ppl travelling). To be honest I cannot see them going any cheaper than that.
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
Thank you for your response, we are traveling the first week of July...NCE to NAP route.
Mrstraveler, up to you but if what lehovec says is true for your dates, I’d tend to agree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.