Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Condor compensation for denied boarding or delayed flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone been successful in getting Condor to pay compensation for denied boarding or delayed flights? I was denied boarding a month ago on a flight from Frankfurt to Austin due to Condor changing to a smaller aircraft that could not accommodate all the passengers. I checked in well in advance, but 12 passengers were randomly selected to be denied boarding, including myself. Condor did put me up in hotel for the night and provided dinner/breakfast and rebooked me out on a Luftansa flight the next day. I filed a claim from the paperwork they gave me when I got home, but I have yet to hear anything back from them and have been reading that they're notorious for avoiding claims and not paying for them, and the only way to receive compensation is to take them to court. Any advice?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Krush
Has anyone been successful in getting Condor to pay compensation for denied boarding or delayed flights? I was denied boarding a month ago on a flight from Frankfurt to Austin due to Condor changing to a smaller aircraft that could not accommodate all the passengers. I checked in well in advance, but 12 passengers were randomly selected to be denied boarding, including myself. Condor did put me up in hotel for the night and provided dinner/breakfast and rebooked me out on a Luftansa flight the next day. I filed a claim from the paperwork they gave me when I got home, but I have yet to hear anything back from them and have been reading that they're notorious for avoiding claims and not paying for them, and the only way to receive compensation is to take them to court. Any advice?
Yes, write them a final letter before action, give them 14 days to pay, and if they do not, then pass it to your lawyer. It sounds to me like your case is clear. You will also find plenty of collection agencies willing to take a clear case like this for 25-30% of the €600 per passenger that you are due, but I would advise you to do it yourself on such a clear cut case, since I think you will find Condor will pay once you threaten them and they know you are not going away.
Krush likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Thank you for your advice. It's been 6 weeks now with no reply. I sent another email off tonight, and if I don't get a response within a few days, I will write a formal demand letter. Do you suggest emailing it to the person who sent me acknowledgement of receipt of my claim or mailing it them certified? I live in the USA.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Krush
I sent another email off tonight, and if I don't get a response within a few days, I will write a formal demand letter.
I'm not sure what you think a "formal demand letter" will do. As per the post above, you need to write a Letter Before Action and then when that is ignored you take them to court, either yourself or through a No Win, No Fee solicitor.
Krush likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Letter Before Action

Originally Posted by ft101
I'm not sure what you think a "formal demand letter" will do. As per the post above, you need to write a Letter Before Action and then when that is ignored you take them to court, either yourself or through a No Win, No Fee solicitor.
ft101, I kind of thought they were the same thing, but I googled an outline for Letter Before Action and will follow those guidelines. Thank you for your feedback.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
ft101, I kind of thought they were the same thing, but I googled an outline for Letter Before Action and will follow those guidelines.
Guys, guys stop it!
Don't make it too complicated.
All you need to do is to claim the EUR 600 + provide your bank account details + give them a reasonable deadline (14 days should suffice) + have a proof that Condor received your email (if Condor issues an auto-reply then you'll have your proof).
After the 14 days have passed you can straight go to court (first a Mahnbescheid or a EC261 collection agency).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.