Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet - Speedy Boarding automatically provided when selecting exit row seats?

Old Aug 14, 2017, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold

I'm flying Easyjet for the first time in a while soon. Exit row seats were available for ~£10 so I picked one.

I read elsewhere that "speedy boarding" is included when you choose an "XL" / exit row seat - is this still the case? The only place I saw "speedy boarding" mentioned on the Easyjet website was in relation to their "plus" service (which I haven't got).
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:39 pm

Yes, this is still the case.

If you click on the "i" (for information) at the seat selection screen it lists the benefits, including Speedy Boarding.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:47 am

FYI: If there is no jetbridge, you will board the bus first and then wait for everyone else to cram into you. IME this is a completely useless benefit.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Yes, this is still the case.

If you click on the "i" (for information) at the seat selection screen it lists the benefits, including Speedy Boarding.
Thanks for letting me know.

Originally Posted by mmff
FYI: If there is no jetbridge, you will board the bus first and then wait for everyone else to cram into you. IME this is a completely useless benefit.
Which gates at Gatwick are bus gates? Or can any gate be used as a bus gate? Looking at Gatwick departures I see most Easyjet flights are using gates 101-113 - are those the gates accessed by walking over the very high bridge that goes over a taxi-way? I'm seeing a few flights using other gates (e.g. an international Easyjet flight using gate 49).
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:33 pm

This is not true for all airports.

In NAP, I have been guided to the Speedy Boarding bus which has one end roped off for Speedy Boarders. The door at this end is opened first and the other doors remain closed until Speedy Boarders are all on the aircraft steps.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
It gives you more than just getting on first. SB provides you with access to dedicated check in desks and also allows you to bring second bag on board.

Regarding, bussing to the a/c... true, some airports don't do it as they should. However quite a few provide SB even when busses are used. There is usually chain across one side of the bus and once at the a/c, the door that is cordoned off is opened first. I personally would get SB purely for the benefits of extra legroom in the emergency exit rows and 2nd bag allowance.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:20 am

I guess things changed since the last time I flied on U2. I vividly remember the priority boarders getting on the bus first and rarely being the first on the aircraft.

In case it wasn't clear, I was referring to the priority boarding only, not the commercial package they include it in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.