Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Flying Icelandair from BOS in Saga, access to Air France Lounge at BOS, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:37 am
stc
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat

We're flying Saga Class on Icelandair from BOS to HEL later this week and apparently have access to the Air France lounge at BOS / Logan. How does it compare to some other lounge like BA at BOS, BA at PHL, BA at EDI / GLA or something like that? I assume it is no where near as good as the KLM lounge at AMS etc. More specifically, are we better off waiting to eat on the plane (I normally do not sleep on planes, even overnight in "business class"), nosh in the lounge, or have dinner at a restaurant at Logan?

P.S. I'm explicitly posting this here as opposed to the Air France forum because I'm interested in the comparison between the food on the plane and the lounge or terminal.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:01 pm
stc
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
P.P.S. Is this in the old NW Worldclub space?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Icelandair used to use the Virgin Clubhouse at Logan and that was simply outstanding. The Air France lounge is very much inferior - I would most certainly not count on having dinner there. I have found the quality of Icelandair's Saga Class service to have improved noticeably on my recent trips. The food is excellent. I would suggest you preorder your meal - "book the cook" - to increase your choices.

http://www.icelandair.us/information......-your-meal/

And yes the Air France lounge is the former NW lounge - or so I have been told.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:57 am
stc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braniff
Icelandair used to use the Virgin Clubhouse at Logan and that was simply outstanding. The Air France lounge is very much inferior - I would most certainly not count on having dinner there. I have found the quality of Icelandair's Saga Class service to have improved noticeably on my recent trips. The food is excellent. I would suggest you preorder your meal - "book the cook" - to increase your choices.

http://www.icelandair.us/information......-your-meal/

And yes the Air France lounge is the former NW lounge - or so I have been told.
The food in the AF lounge was pretty good. My traveling companion liked the sandwiches. Of course the lounge was packed wall to wall with lots of families. It was too late to book the meals on the outbound, but we just took your advice and booked the meals for the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.