Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Palal
Update November 2020: Post-pandemic reopening - trip report after lounge re-opening.

Photo reports:
pnt1
Palal - part 1
Palal - part 2

Showers: Shower and shower kit €15 Member car94102 reports a shower kit and shower are complimentary. (30 Aug 2019)

PLEASE SEE POST #1 for illustrations and information

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow GUIDE: TAP Premium Lounge at LIS / Lisbon

TAP Premium Lounge, LIS / Lisbon (Portela) International Airport

TAP Premium Lounge entry, c/o One Mile at a Time

Location: Terminal 1, Schengen area, far end near (left of) ANA Lounge after you ascend the escalators.

Entry to escalators to lounge, c/o One Mile at a Time

Amenities:
  • Business area (two PCs, printer)
  • Beverages, including local wines and other alcoholic
  • Chaises to relax, but no formal rest or quiet area
  • Children’s play area
  • Food, hot and cold buffet
  • Showers
  • WiFi
Hours: Open 0500 / 5:00 a.m. - Closed 2400 / 12:00 midnight

Link to illustrated Review: TAP Air Portugal Lounge Lisbon Airport, 2 Jan 2018 by Ben (Lucky)

Link to page listing other TAP and TAP affiliated lounges worldwide

Current access rules (2019)
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 18, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance

Hey guys,

Anyone already tried the new TAP Premium Lounge in Lisbon that was scheduled to open today (7th July)?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
No, but I'll for sure got on Tuesday. Where is it?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:48 am

I´m not sure, but previously it was situated on the 6th floor, close to ANA Lounge.

From what I read they only refurbished the lounge, so it should be on the same place as before.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:08 pm

A new lounge? Nice!

Is this the TAP Premium Lounge or the Blue Lounge?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:39 am

Tap Premium Lounge.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by milfweed20
I´m not sure, but previously it was situated on the 6th floor, close to ANA Lounge.

From what I read they only refurbished the lounge, so it should be on the same place as before.
The place where it existed a few years ago is now a security screening area, so the only place where it could exist is next to the new ANA lounge.

However, I don't see any announcements anywhere. Where are you getting the info from?

I'm also flying on TP on Tuesday and would be interested in checking it out if it's open.

TP's site doesn't say anything about the re-opening.

Edit: here's the story in PT with some pics

I'll get there an hour early to check it out Tuesday and will post back. I hope they bring back my favorite smoked salmon sandwiches. If the lounge is good, this will definitely be a downgrade for me as I'll have a reason to get to the airport earlier and literally lose sleep over this :P

Last edited by Palal; Jul 8, 2017 at 5:33 am
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Palal

I'll get there an hour early to check it out Tuesday and will post back. I hope they bring back my favorite smoked salmon sandwiches. If the lounge is good, this will definitely be a downgrade for me as I'll have a reason to get to the airport earlier and literally lose sleep over this :P
Wow, those photos look great, considering that TAP was much derided in the past for having a poor lounge. The new lounge looks super stylish.

Please take photos (esp. of the food selections) when you visit Tuesday!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:42 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Wow, those photos look great, considering that TAP was much derided in the past for having a poor lounge. The new lounge looks super stylish.

Agreed! I have my first ever flight with TP next Saturday, and I'm super-excited to try out this new lounge. Can't wait to read more first-hand reports.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:14 pm

The place where it existed a few years ago is now a security screening area, so the only place where it could exist is next to the new ANA lounge.

However, I don't see any announcements anywhere. Where are you getting the info from?

I'm also flying on TP on Tuesday and would be interested in checking it out if it's open.

TP's site doesn't say anything about the re-opening.

My source was Jornal de Negocios, I've tried to find it on TAP website but couldn´t, so if the lounge is really already open as the news state, they did an amazing marketing effort to keep customers away...
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:44 pm

TP had an awesome lounge, though the space was a bit small, before they closed it and moved into the ANA lunge.
Osekome likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Earlier this week I didn't see any signs of it when going to/from the ANA lounge, which is currently operating at reduced capacity, with about half of the square footage it had a couple years ago. Perhaps that space, which would be on the far right as you enter the ANA lounge, is being converted into a new TAP lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
... TAP was much derided in the past for having a poor lounge. The new lounge looks super stylish.
​​​​​​ Who derided it??? 😱
it was a stylish space, well supplied with food and drink. They even gave you bags to haul away magazines and papers (and, shamefully, in my case: the odd couple of pasteis de nata )
The very definite drawbacks were size - it could get very crowded; it was an internal space - no windows; and the showers, were I think, in the singular.

The current ANA facility also suffers from space, and those f*Ing mirrors I keep walking into.
Osekome likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
​​​​​​
The current ANA facility also suffers from space, and those f*Ing mirrors I keep walking into.
Good to know that I'm not the only one who does a double take to check if it's a mirror or a space you can walk through
Osekome likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:43 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Good to know that I'm not the only one who does a double take to check if it's a mirror or a space you can walk through
+1 here too lol
Osekome likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.