Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

On This Flight, The Cabin Crew Didn't Offer Passengers Any Service (But They Did Eat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On This Flight, The Cabin Crew Didn't Offer Passengers Any Service (But They Did Eat

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Thumbs down On This Flight, The Cabin Crew Didn't Offer Passengers Any Service (But They Did Eat

On This Flight, The Cabin Crew Didn't Offer Passengers Any Service (But They Did Eat Their Dinner)
By Chris Matyszczyk--Inc.

As described by fine travel blog One Mile At A Time, the passengers on a recent TAP Portugal Lisbon to Milan flight were greeted with these comforting words: "This flight is operating with reduced cabin crew and for that reason there will be no meal service on this flight."

Here, though, it seems that Economy passengers only got water and Business Class passengers were garlanded with either water or orange juice.

"I smelled food in the oven, but go figure those were crew meals. The crew spent the rest of the flight in the galley eating, talking, and reading," said One Mile At A Time's Ben Schlappig.

It seems, however, that Schlappig's experience wasn't an isolated incident. It's happened on TAP before.

https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...ey-did-ea.html

My question is, how is this allowed to happen? I had an outstanding Transatlantic Business experience with TAP, and their new Lisbon Lounge. What is going on here and does TAP have no control of its unionized employees?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
It's a union work to rule thing.
TAP has been doing this for a while. When they don't staff the plane with 4 FAs, the 3 FAs don't do any cabin service to protest not staffing the plane fully.

In general, I'd say that TP service is very mediocre to begin with, and many of their FAs shouldn't be working customer service roles.

Note: They only staff with 3 FAs when the loads allow it (50 pax/1 FA) and when they have a crew shortage for scheduling reasons.

I'm hearing anecdotal evidence that this has been more common in recent months. They're also recruiting new FAs. I'm guessing they again messed up their scheduling.

With the seat selection shenanigans and this I'm seriously trying to avoid them now.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Had a A321 flight on TP from LIS to MUC recently, the 'service' in C was minimalistic anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.