Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Binter Canarias experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Binter Canarias experiences

Hi, I need to fly between Lisbon (LIS) and Nouakchott (NKC) at the end of the year. The obvious stopover is Casablanca, but I'll be travelling with a drone and apparently those get confiscated in Morocco.

Other stopover options I've considered are Paris (too expensive and in the wrong direction, but a very reliable AF service) and Dakar (borderline too expensive) and Algiers (drone will also get confiscated there).

Then today I just realised there are direct flights from Las Palmas - which is as geographically convenient as Morocco, with all the perks of a direct flight from the EU.

Has anyone flown Binter Canarias? I'm worried about reliability of the flight to Nouakchott and can't seem to find any flight history. They seem to operate services throughout West Africa including Western Sahara and the Gambia, but I'm just not too sure how reliable those services are, so any experiences will be welcome!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I've only flown NT a couple of times for island hops around the Canary Islands (such as TFS-LPA), but had no issues with them. They mostly use ATR72s, but for a longer route like NKC, they may be using the CRJ900s they've leased from Air Nostrum.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
I've only flown NT a couple of times for island hops around the Canary Islands (such as TFS-LPA), but had no issues with them. They mostly use ATR72s, but for a longer route like NKC, they may be using the CRJ900s they've leased from Air Nostrum.
One leg is operated by Air Nostrum, the other is operated by some other Canarian airline. Thanks for sharing your experience, I think I'm gonna give it a go. Reviews I can find all seem to be glowing.
Mauritanian Airlines also operate from LPA, so I have a backup if it all goes tits up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.