Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP: TMS-ACC and ACC-xxx on separate ticekts

Old May 22, 2017, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb

TAP flights to/from TMS go via ACC with a short stop there. Does anyone know if it will cause problems having separate tickets for TMS-ACC and ACC-xxx on the same plane? Is it possible to check in for both legs of the flight in TMS and to stay on the plane in ACC without hassle?
Old May 23, 2017, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by a9504477
TAP flights to/from TMS go via ACC with a short stop there. Does anyone know if it will cause problems having separate tickets for TMS-ACC and ACC-xxx on the same plane? Is it possible to check in for both legs of the flight in TMS and to stay on the plane in ACC without hassle?
You'd probably have to buy two sets of tickets, which would be an enormous faff and quite expensive.

To get on the Accra flight at Sao Tome's airport, TAP would want to see your visa for Ghana. More faff and money unless you convince them you can transfer back on to the TAP service without needing a visa.

i can't see any reason a rational person would want to do this unless he/she is seeking additional miles.

2950 TMS ACC + ACC LIS
2830 TMS LIS

So, an extra 120 miles for all that trouble.

Some programmes might have a minimum sector mileage for the short TMS ACC flight. But still.....
Old May 23, 2017, 5:39 am

Is it possible to check in for both legs of the flight in TMS and to stay on the plane in ACC without hassle?
No way they let you stay on the plane.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
i can't see any reason a rational person would want to do this
+1
Old May 26, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
i can't see any reason a rational person would want to do this unless he/she is seeking additional miles.
The rational reason would be visiting both Accra and Sao Tome and separate tickets being significantly cheaper than a multi-city ticket.
Old May 27, 2017, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The rational reason would be visiting both Accra and Sao Tome and separate tickets being significantly cheaper than a multi-city ticket.
OK, so you have two round-trip TP tickets xxx-ACC and ACC-TMS. You are stopping in Accra on the way out but want to "marry" the two sectors of the TP flight on the way back.

I've tried the same trick on QR's Hanoi Bangkok Doha service, holding separate tickets for the two sectors. Couldn't be done, I'd have had to make a full transfer rather than be treated as a transit passenger, and the logistics at BKK do not favour such shenanigans.

So although it might work, the caveat is the requirement of an element of good-will from the TP folk in Sao Tome and at ACC.

Might be easier to plan a visit to Ghana in both directions

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.