Flybe > Stobart > Jota

Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Honors Gold
Flybe > Stobart > Jota

Just came in today in my mailbox.

Due to operational requirements the aircraft you will be travelling on for the above flight will now be operated by Jota Aviation on behalf of Stobart Air for Flybe. We are confident that the service you receive from the Jota Aviation crew will be to the same high standards that all our customers receive on Flybe services.
Flying SEN-REU

It seems fun to see this many companies involved in one easy flight.
That is until you encounter problems of course...

Well, didn't know Jota Aviation so I am curious to see on how this is going to be executed. Flight details still show e175 to be used but Jota doesn't seem to own any (then again, neither does Stobart)?

I cannot find any information regarding their agreement, though.

By the way, can any of you tell me how I should expect my flight to be (FlyBe livery of the aircraft etc?)
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I also received this email advising me that my July CGN-SEN is now being operated by Jota Aviation.

Airfleets show that they operate a 31 year old Bae146 & a 21 year old RJ85. BA use them sometimes to cover at LCY.

I must say im a comfortable flyer, but a 31 year old aircraft makes me anxious slightly!
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BERbound
I must say im a comfortable flyer, but a 31 year old aircraft makes me anxious slightly!
Well due to flight schedules I am flying back on Jet2.com, their fleet age isn't anything to brag about either (31 year old is no exception, though those are 737s...).
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There was a thread about a year ago in the BA forum about Jota. Seemed the guys there didn't like it all that much.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-into-lcy.html
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Flybe website now indicates this change as well and no longer allows seat reservations.
Ticket prices also went up significantly..
I assume the plane will indeed be one of the JOTA AVRO/BAe aircraft.

Last edited by JzTz; Apr 22, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.