Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Norwegian starting LGW-DEN/SEA

Denver will be 2x/ week year round.
Seattle will be 4x/week year round.

Both begin Fall 2017.

Seems like Seattle -London has too much capacity right now, especially since Virgin Atlantic just started Seattle as well. How might BA respond to these new flights?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by jjka
Denver will be 2x/ week year round.
Seattle will be 4x/week year round.

Both begin Fall 2017.

Seems like Seattle -London has too much capacity right now, especially since Virgin Atlantic just started Seattle as well. How might BA respond to these new flights?
VS have only taken over DL's LHR-SEA routes, no real capacity increase.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Not forgetting the FI route via KEF as well - perhaps some cheaper economy tickets or promotions?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Guess we now know BA's next two routes from LGW then
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Good, BA needs the competition. With luck some airlines should sue to get more slots at LHR and IAG will be forced to compete on price and service properly.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Worcester
sue to get more slots at LHR
Sue who exactly??
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
DEN is a very large and growing city with very limited Europe service. There is significant business and leisure traffic flowing in both directions. I don't think 2 additional flights is going to change the dynamics for BA too much. Indeed, the times I have tried to use the DEN flight, its quite pricey. The one time I had to use it to get to do a quick trip for a wedding in Vail, it was the most expensive ticket I have ever purchased for personal travel.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
This is very cool!

Thanks for posting
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by sts603
...... it was the most expensive ticket I have ever purchased for personal travel.
are you admitting to being one of those people who buy 10k cash F fares?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:26 am

Norwegian offers some excellent fares and these new routes are welcome. Recent examples of their fares include a return to JFK for well under £300. Departing LGW around 6am and arriving back around 11pm on their new daylight JFK service. However, living in West London, the extras include either a LGW airport stay the night before/after the flight or taxis. Add the cost of check in baggage, seat selection and any food and drink and the basic fare is not really worth it. But the model appears to be working in the U.K. market and the airline's reviews are a lot better than BA at the moment.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by krispy84
are you admitting to being one of those people who buy 10k cash F fares?
For work I've had many fares exceeding 10k. Mainly J. Sometimes F. Record was 21k for a simple round trip and that was all J!

But no this 3600 ticket to DEN was the most expensive ticket I've ever paid personally. It was F. But only because the incremental differences were tiny. Y was over 2k and PE was 3k.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
Good, BA needs the competition. With luck some airlines should sue to get more slots at LHR and IAG will be forced to compete on price and service properly.
My next hope is Norweigian start flying to PHL then i would be set and never have to use BA again.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by sts603
For work I've had many fares exceeding 10k. Mainly J. Sometimes F. Record was 21k for a simple round trip and that was all J!

But no this 3600 ticket to DEN was the most expensive ticket I've ever paid personally. It was F. But only because the incremental differences were tiny. Y was over 2k and PE was 3k.
I can see the logic in going for F at those prices. A good route for BA if that's indicative.

21k for a J round trip seems crazy! But then if you must travel the airlines have you over a barrel.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by krispy84
I can see the logic in going for F at those prices. A good route for BA if that's indicative.

21k for a J round trip seems crazy! But then if you must travel the airlines have you over a barrel.
Indeed it was from NYC to Kurdistan - there is not a lot of competition and that was indeed the going full fare J rate for workable flights.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 4:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MiraculousM
My next hope is Norweigian start flying to PHL then i would be set and never have to use BA again.
You could have taken DY to NYC and then Amtrak...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.