Search

TAP schedule change - options?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
TAP schedule change - options?

Hi I booked my family of 3 and 4 on Cheapoair + Orbitz to fly on TP NCE-LIS-NYC in March. The return though was now changed and a 2hr connection in LIS became a 26 hours one including overnight. I "accepted" the changes in Orbitz/Cheapoair as I did not realize the change was so substantial at first, but I was wondering whether I have any option to change the return flight completely or to have some sort of compensation/accommodation.

thanks
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Hi I booked my family of 3 and 4 on Cheapoair + Orbitz to fly on TP NCE-LIS-NYC in March. The return though was now changed and a 2hr connection in LIS became a 26 hours one including overnight. I "accepted" the changes in Orbitz/Cheapoair as I did not realize the change was so substantial at first, but I was wondering whether I have any option to change the return flight completely or to have some sort of compensation/accommodation.

thanks
This is a significant change but far enough out to not warrant any EU261 compensation. You have the right to refuse the rebooking and if no acceptable alternative is offered, to refund the tickets. Not sure I understand how both Cheapoair and Orbitz are involved, do you have multiple tickets for journey? If so, you may be out of luck regarding changes or cancellations. You will also have to make any contact and changes via the OTA's which will make your task that much harder.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
This is a significant change but far enough out to not warrant any EU261 compensation. You have the right to refuse the rebooking and if no acceptable alternative is offered, to refund the tickets. Not sure I understand how both Cheapoair and Orbitz are involved, do you have multiple tickets for journey? If so, you may be out of luck regarding changes or cancellations. You will also have to make any contact and changes via the OTA's which will make your task that much harder.
Thanks a lot! No it's a single reservation, but 3 people were booked through CA and 4 through Orbitz.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Contact TP through facebook with the flights that you want. The ticket is under the control of the OTAs so TP may tell you to contact CA/Orbitz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.