Search

20% off easyJet Bistro Purchases

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
20% off easyJet Bistro Purchases

For about 20 years easyJet have offered a Buy on Board concept on their flights. I think they have managed it pretty well flawlessly compared to the fiasco at BA during the last few days.

Now easyJet are offering 20% reduction for advance purchases from their onboard Bistro menu, which gives me yet one more reason to not fly BA any more (I had very few reasons prior to this anyway). This is a decent reduction and can be obtained from 30 days before the date of your flight.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/bistro-boutique?link_megadrop

https://ej-pops.egatesoln.com/shopnow
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Concerto
For about 20 years easyJet have offered a Buy on Board concept on their flights. I think they have managed it pretty well flawlessly compared to the fiasco at BA during the last few days.

Now easyJet are offering 20% reduction for advance purchases from their onboard Bistro menu, which gives me yet one more reason to not fly BA any more (I had very few reasons prior to this anyway). This is a decent reduction and can be obtained from 30 days before the date of your flight.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/bistro-boutique?link_megadrop

https://ej-pops.egatesoln.com/shopnow
Very nice. They don't really need to do this, so all the nicer. For point to point short haul, they're already a nicer experience than BA.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:19 am

I suspect this is to compete with the airport retailers.

A Boots meal deal (for example) is quite a bit cheaper than buying on board and comes with a bigger selection of drinks (and they are typically 500ml bottles, instead of 330ml cans).

Once you've bought online, then easyJet have your cash and you'll be less tempted to buy something on impulse whilst walking through the airport.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not only that, buying stuff in Geneva airport means paying for things at silly Swiss prices. They don't have Boots type shops offering meal deals, but there are definitely cafes offering sandwiches and a restaurant. At ZRH they even have a Movenpick.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: HH - Gold, BA - Blue
I'm sure this is still in trial phrase at the moment so only available on certain routes.

PS - Might be completely wrong.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hope not, I'm planning on using it in February on GVA-LGW. It came up very clearly on my booking, but when I tried to avail of it, I was too early according to the calendar.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Orange.Man
I'm sure this is still in trial phrase at the moment so only available on certain routes.

PS - Might be completely wrong.
Fully rolled out across the entire network, available to purchase 30 days before travel.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by lehovec
Fully rolled out across the entire network, available to purchase 30 days before travel.
Oh... right.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just bought one of these. You do have to register and create an account separate to your easyJet profile in order to preorder these vouchers. The vouchers are sold in units worth GBP5 each, costing GBP4. They are only valid on the flight you will be taking and you have to use the entire credit because change will not be given.

I bought one for next week's GVA-LGW, because I need to immediately hop into a rental car and drive for 3 and a half hours. Flight arrives at 12h00, so that means I don't need to faff around looking for something to eat for lunch once I arrive. I will get a meal deal for GBP6.50 and hand over GBP1.50 cash in addition to the voucher.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:05 pm

Just bought one of these. You do have to register and create an account separate to your easyJet profile in order to preorder these vouchers. The vouchers are sold in units worth GBP5 each, costing GBP4. They are only valid on the flight you will be taking and you have to use the entire credit because change will not be given.

I bought one for next week's GVA-LGW, because I need to immediately hop into a rental car and drive for 3 and a half hours. Flight arrives at 12h00, so that means I don't need to faff around looking for something to eat for lunch once I arrive. I will get a meal deal for GBP6.50 and hand over GBP1.50 cash in addition to the voucher.
Ah!

You're on about the vouchers. I was talking about something completely different.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm confused...what was that?

I think easyJet has positioned itself as a much more attractive airline to fly with in Europe than the traditional airlines these days. Think BA and their BoB fiasco. I think the easyJet prepaid voucher system is great and I hope they keep it going.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:12 am

I'm confused...what was that?

I think easyJet has positioned itself as a much more attractive airline to fly with in Europe than the traditional airlines these days. Think BA and their BoB fiasco. I think the easyJet prepaid voucher system is great and I hope they keep it going.
There was a trial (unsure whether it's still on going) for flights originating / terminating from LPL & MAN, where you could go online and pre order your sandwiches (and possibly snacks & drinks) to be delivered on board. Thus regardless of where you sit, you know you'll be able to tuck into a sandwich.*

* If the caterers remember to bring it.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ah I see, that's interesting. Was it successful? I think the current prepaid voucher system is pretty good.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:44 am

Preorder info is still on the website, but it appears you have to wait on an invite email to take advantage.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-...light/preorder
Old Aug 30, 2023, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think my question about how to use the inflight easyJet voucher is best posted here. I bought a £10 voucher at the reduced price of £8 during booking and added it to my booking. But I didn't know how to use the voucher as there was no separate link to it and I received no email about it. In the end I believe that it is encoded into your boarding pass and you just show this when purchasing something from the trolley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.