Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Portugal - Business Class Lounge at JFK?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

What lounge can business class passengers use at JFK? I know it's T5.

Thanks,
hardworking21
Old Nov 24, 2016, 7:55 pm

Should be the Airspace Lounge; check the lounge finder at the Star Alliance's site for details.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Or check the TAP website. Fly with Tap -> At the Airport -> Lounges
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:38 am
KRS

I see it is still the Airspace Lounge, which I have also read is awful.

Are there other options worth exploring when departing on TAP (with *G) ?
On flytap.com it appears check-in at JFK only opens 2 hours before departure, which presumably means there is not much time for using lounges in a different terminal?
(On the other hand, is 2 hours correct? Sounds low for a long haul flight...)
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I flew TAP out of JFK about 3 weeks ago. As the flight leaves very late, I ended up getting to JFK rather too early. However there was no problem getting into the lounge, which is run by Jet Blue (or more likely for Jet Blue). The lounge is rather small and pokey and I can imagine it's quickly full. It's windowless and mildly claustrophobic. Despite being small it's on two levels with stairs and the disabled lift taking up a lot of space.
You get a 15 dollar card on entry, but the guys at the bar never asked me for it. My plan was to eat in the lounge and then sleep on the flight (in view of the late departure time). There are minimal eats on display, but you can order off a menu and I ended up with an acceptable cold platter of cheeses and cold cuts.
I ended up spending a good hour more than I would have wanted in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.