Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TP A330 & A343 Executive / business class seating notes, discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TP A330 & A343 Executive / business class seating notes, discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Question TP A330 & A343 Executive / business class seating notes, discussion

Its seems on the 16 active A330 TP aircraft only 2 (CS-TOT and CS-TOS) have real lie flat seats, the rest has the Recaro CL6510 (the slippery slope so not loved by Lufthansa pax in 2003-14).

http://www.flytap.com/Deutschland/en...cutive/Comfort

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/T...20Portugal.htm

The 4 A343 aircraft have an even more ancient version, but these aircraft are not the backbone of the fleet and see infrequent action, probably on their way out when the A330-900 neos arrive in late 2017.

Has TP announced any retrofits of the A332 fleet?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: LX *SEN, A3*G
Yes, TAP will retrofit seven A330. Link below.

https://thedesignair.net/2016/10/05/...s-class-seats/
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

The programme is due to start in in a few days for the A320 Family fleet and in 1Q17 for the A330ceo fleet. All the cabin modifications will be completed by the end of 2017
Weird that they went for the Thompson Vantage (also used on DL/LX/SN/OS) instead of the Recaro CL6710 they are currently fitting on the A330neos

That means they will have two A330 aircraft with Sogerma Solstys seats, 7 A330 with Thompson Vantage, 9 A330 with Recaro CL 6510, and 14 A330neo with Recaro CL 6710. ��
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:30 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
A mediocre ad about CS-TOS and -TOT:
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Yesterday I took the plunge and booked TP to GRU and back from CNF in March. 343 out 332 back, both with the Recaro 6510. Yay!

One would assume that being the same seats as the former LH edition they also have the magic button to make them fully flat using the manual pulleys?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The 4 A343 aircraft have an even more ancient version, but these aircraft are not the backbone of the fleet and see infrequent action, probably on their way out when the A330-900 neos arrive in late 2017.
The A343's are used as much as the A332's mainly on the LAD, GIG, GRU and MPM routes, and have the same Recaro CL6510 seats. They should be the first to be replaced by the A339's.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
First A332 (CS-TOL) has the new seats already.
full TP press release

First of seven to be done by year end
First TAP A330 with renewed cabin and full flat seats is flying

•Fully reclining seats in Executive class – full flat;
•New configuration, more seats, greater comfort;
•TAP has invested 70 million euro in the fleet update program;

The A330 named João Gonçalves Zarco is now operating with a completely renewed cabin. This is the first of seven A330s that will have gone through this fleet update program by the end of the year.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 4:31 am

I see first flight was to MIA
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cs-tol
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:40 am

I emailed TAP to ask about YYZ - LIS later this year, and received this reply. However, based on what I have read in this thread, I am skeptical...

The aircraft that operates the Lisbon-Toronto-Lisbon flights have lie-flat seats.
Should you require assistance with creating your reservation, please contact our call center at 1 800 221 7370.

Kind regards,
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by Davidwashere
I emailed TAP to ask about YYZ - LIS later this year, and received this reply. However, based on what I have read in this thread, I am skeptical...

The aircraft that operates the Lisbon-Toronto-Lisbon flights have lie-flat seats.
Should you require assistance with creating your reservation, please contact our call center at 1 800 221 7370.

Kind regards,
I think they will deliver their promise of "lie-flat"=slippery slope seat.
Getting a full flat is only guaranteed once the fleet is all upgraded.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:17 am

From what I have been reading the american routes will have priority on the retrofitted planes because there was a big investment in marketing in those markets. The first ones will be EWR, MIA and later YYZ.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:20 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
A video about the retrofit:

Originally Posted by justatourist
From what I have been reading the american routes will have priority on the retrofitted planes because there was a big investment in marketing in those markets. The first ones will be EWR, MIA and later YYZ.
The seven retrofitted planes (CS-TOL to -TOR) will be primarily deployed not only to the US and Canadian markets, but also to GRU and GIG - which are considered to be the premium markets in TP's long-haul network.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:53 am

Anyone know if now all a330's will have AVOD? As far as I can tell, right now, 7 a330's have AVOD as well as the 2 new Azul aircraft (meaning, a total of 9/16 have AVOD and all a340's do too)
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Miles & More, Victoria
The seven retrofitted planes (CS-TOL to -TOR) will be primarily deployed not only to the US and Canadian markets, but also to GRU and GIG - which are considered to be the premium markets in TP's long-haul network.
Is there a schedule or calendar for the complete retrofit of these aircrafts? Or, in other words, for when it is expected the end of the retrofit from CS-TOM to CS-TOR, since CS-TOL is already back to service?

I have a great interest in this schedule, because, as far as I know, to my hometown here in Brazil (Porto Alegre, IATA Code POA), TAP can only fly with the A332s from CS-TOL to CS-TOR (the ones with GE engines; "I think" the main reason is that POA airport has a short runway, or so I've heard when the route was open in 2011).

Someone can also confirm this information about the TAP aircrafts to POA? Because if yes, that means that these retrofitted A332 will also be available to POA, not only GIG and GRU in South America...

I've flown several times with TAP in this route (POA - LIS and LIS - POA, TP118 and TP117), but only in Economy, and it was always with CS-TOL to CS-TOP (I flew on all these five A332). I know that CS-TOQ and CS-TOR also run these flights, but never happened to me to fly on them.

Now I am interested in this new business product. I will soon book again a new round trip to Europe, but not sure about the dates yet, but for sure after October 2017 or before the end of February 2018 (just waiting to check my new vaccation period availability).

If I can be sure that these retrofitted aircrafts would be available for LIS/POA after October, I would much prefer to book with TAP, just to avoid a connection at GRU and begin the travel early in the morning.

Otherwise, I would go for LH, even with that GRU connection.

Last edited by criske; Mar 13, 2017 at 12:09 am
Old Mar 13, 2017, 2:39 am
Original Poster

POA /TP117-8 sees all kind of A332: (OO, OP, OQ the last three days)
https://www.flightradar24.com/flight/tp118

TP has PW and GE engines on their A332 (former SR and OS aircraft have the PW engines), more details here: http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/T...ctive-a330.htm (the A330-2xx gives a hint that a different type is fitted)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.