Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair Saga Life Rafts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Icelandair Saga Life Rafts

Do all the 757's have life rafts in the overhead bins of Saga Class? We flew on FI over the summer and they take up most of the storage space in the business class section. Is this a temporary measure while they repair a door or normal practice?

Also, I cannot imagine how anyone would get the life raft out of the aircraft in an emergency water landing...of course I cannot imagine a successful water landing in most circumstances so I guess I have my answer!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by riced
Do all the 757's have life rafts in the overhead bins of Saga Class? We flew on FI over the summer and they take up most of the storage space in the business class section. Is this a temporary measure while they repair a door or normal practice?

Also, I cannot imagine how anyone would get the life raft out of the aircraft in an emergency water landing...of course I cannot imagine a successful water landing in most circumstances so I guess I have my answer!
I have seen a compartment in the ceiling over the aisle, but I have never seen life rafts in the overhead bins. Infant life jackets and seat belts, yes I have seen. But they usually don't take much space anywa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.