Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Czech Airlines - required to show CC at check in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Czech Airlines - required to show CC at check in?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
...I just sprayed the computer screen with coffee when I read that! Classic!!
Sorry pal; the keyboard would have been worse!

(And be sure to keep your credit card in hand for your forthcoming Oceania flights ^)
No problem here, I paid the TA with a direct bank transfer!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Say, have you though about the remote possibility that all these "apologists" who tried to answer your questions were not trying to blame you for everything but, in contrast, you simply fail to understand that they're right and you're wrong! You know, historically speaking, wars have started bacause some country leaders had the same attitude. I honestly hope you're not a politician!
How long do you work for the CSA?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by vabsh
See what I mean? You don't know who I am and you already jump to conclusions because you don't like my answer. I know that you won't believe me, like you did not believe all of those who replied and tried to tell you that you were over-reacting, but let me tell you that I'm a (retired) researcher and I've only flown four times with CSA.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
I havent ever even flown CSA but I still think that your comments in this thread and your very negative-based attitude are terrible and do not only harm yourself, but also the people around you.

If you hadnt had such a negative attitude in the first place, you would have probably accepted CSA's reroute option and there would have been no problem at all. No 10$ missing and no cancelled travel plans.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:55 am

I just decided to write them an email.
You might even get some sort of service recovery, but first of all your email will provide a laugh for the recipient and the colleagues he/she shares it with.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Yes, that was by you. It all went downhill from there.
Originally Posted by ft101
You might even get some sort of service recovery, but first of all your email will provide a laugh for the recipient and the colleagues he/she shares it with.
Perhaps Czech Airlines had a "good laugh" when they almost crashed near my city on February 11 2012? Please share some insider info. Was that also passengers' fault? Maybe the passengers had a bad attitude and deserved that? Maybe they shared negative opinions on some forums? Now, that's a "downhill", litteraly. The more I read about this airline, I'm glad that they cancelled the flight.

And how I caused this "downhill"? Are you suggesting that:

a) Now they're punishing me for expressing my opinion on some forum? Just because I said: "I expected the agent to be better prepared"?

b) God / karma is now punishing me for spreading blasphemy against the omnipotent CSA?

Also, don't you agree that stealing 10 bucks shows a lack of class? I mean, if you want money, go and steal millions, be Al Capone, have some style. But 10 bucks? It's sad. That's for pickpockets in public transport.

Just don't try to excuse it with Forex currency fluctuations, the Wall Street Stock Exchange, the fall of the oil prices, the Rotschields, the Illuminati, UFOs, the bad weather, the "agent was underpaid" and so on...

Originally Posted by KLouis
See what I mean? You don't know who I am and you already jump to conclusions because you don't like my answer. I know that you won't believe me, like you did not believe all of those who replied and tried to tell you that you were over-reacting, but let me tell you that I'm a (retired) researcher and I've only flown four times with CSA.
Well, you defended them with such a passion that I thought that you are their lawyer or something. Being a lawyer is nothing bad btw. But, as we know, wherever there are criminals, there are lawyers who defend them

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
I havent ever even flown CSA but I still think that your comments in this thread and your very negative-based attitude are terrible and do not only harm yourself, but also the people around you.
If you hadnt had such a negative attitude in the first place, you would have probably accepted CSA's reroute option and there would have been no problem at all. No 10$ missing and no cancelled travel plans.
As you witnessed in this thread, I tried to be less confrontational, but with some of the guys that simply doesn't work. Now I'm left without a flight and without a refund and with lots of problems, and you say that I have "an attitude"?

Now, call me "Mr. Unadventourus", but I would preffer a more "boring" airline where things are less unpredictable. And the fact that I didn't want rerouting (and they had not much to offer anyway), doesn't mean that they should take 10 bucks from me.

Look, if I was them, I would say: "Sorry, here's your full refund, 10 USD less in our pockets will not make us bankrupt, we're a serious company, we fly planes for Christ sake. Now let's have a peaceful divorce, don't remember us in a bad way, bye". In a such polite way, they can get rid of me, I can get rid of them and we'll all be happy. But they just love to complicate....
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:51 am

...Well, you defended them with such a passion that I thought that you are their lawyer or something. Being a lawyer is nothing bad btw. But, as we know, wherever there are criminals, there are lawyers who defend them ...
No lawyer, medic; and you certainly don't want to hear my diagnosis.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Perhaps Czech Airlines had a "good laugh" when they almost crashed near my city on February 11 2012? Please share some insider info. Was that also passengers' fault? Maybe the passengers had a bad attitude and deserved that? Maybe they shared negative opinions on some forums? Now, that's a "downhill", litteraly. The more I read about this airline, I'm glad that they cancelled the flight.

And how I caused this "downhill"? Are you suggesting that:

a) Now they're punishing me for expressing my opinion on some forum? Just because I said: "I expected the agent to be better prepared"?

b) God / karma is now punishing me for spreading blasphemy against the omnipotent CSA?

Also, don't you agree that stealing 10 bucks shows a lack of class? I mean, if you want money, go and steal millions, be Al Capone, have some style. But 10 bucks? It's sad. That's for pickpockets in public transport.

Just don't try to excuse it with Forex currency fluctuations, the Wall Street Stock Exchange, the fall of the oil prices, the Rotschields, the Illuminati, UFOs, the bad weather, the "agent was underpaid" and so on...

Well, you defended them with such a passion that I thought that you are their lawyer or something. Being a lawyer is nothing bad btw. But, as we know, wherever there are criminals, there are lawyers who defend them

As you witnessed in this thread, I tried to be less confrontational, but with some of the guys that simply doesn't work. Now I'm left without a flight and without a refund and with lots of problems, and you say that I have "an attitude"?

Now, call me "Mr. Unadventourus", but I would preffer a more "boring" airline where things are less unpredictable. And the fact that I didn't want rerouting (and they had not much to offer anyway), doesn't mean that they should take 10 bucks from me.

Look, if I was them, I would say: "Sorry, here's your full refund, 10 USD less in our pockets will not make us bankrupt, we're a serious company, we fly planes for Christ sake. Now let's have a peaceful divorce, don't remember us in a bad way, bye". In a such polite way, they can get rid of me, I can get rid of them and we'll all be happy. But they just love to complicate....
This post now has me convinced you have made all of this up to give us something fun to debate. Very good, you got me, I guess the joke's on me. Well played. ^
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

LondonElite, even I couldn't make up a story so absurd as this one, and believe me, I have a good imagination. You should thank CSA for this. We can even make a movie based on the scenario that they created. It will contain elements of drama, comedy and crime movie (the scene when they steal my 10 United States Dollars). Now I feel like the main character from the book "The Trial" by the czech writter Franz Kafka. In the book, the guy is arrested, no one explains him why, he gets stuck in some bureaucratic labyrinth and so on... In the end, there's nothing else for me to do than to laugh like a madman. Louis will now tell me my diagnosis.

Last edited by vabsh; Oct 23, 2016 at 1:48 pm
Old Oct 23, 2016, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Please stop...my ribs are killing me!
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

I'm afraid this won't stop. Every new day - new surprises

Now I checked my cc statement more carefully and I noticed that in fact, no currency exchange ever took place.

The ticket was payed in my local currency, but the amount was not converted to another. The funds have been widthdrawn by the CSA branch in my city (it cleary says "CSA [name of my city]"). There are two values here:

- the amount in the currency of the card (let's say that you are from the UK, so that's pounds)
- the amount in the currency of the transfer (let's say you order stuff from Russia, then it will be rubles)

Both of these values are in my local currency.

The stories about the "Forex exchange rates" do not hold water anymore. The 10 USD that they want to steal definetly do not belong to them. By any right.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
This airline creates problems
All that you have experienced are the usual routine issues that affect all airlines - and your response to each has been to blow it way out of proportion.

Now I checked my cc statement more carefully and I noticed that in fact, no currency exchange ever took place.
You were charged the ticket refund fee (CZK270/€10 or equivalent in local currency) in Macedonian denari. Though if you cancelled over the phone, the fee should have been the equivalent of €30 in denari.

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 24, 2016 at 3:25 am
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC, IB+, TAM multi+
If you are indeed from Macedonia, you can also fly with Wizz Air. You'll be running back to CSA like a little child to his mother though
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
All that you have experienced are the usual routine issues that affect all airlines - and your response to each has been to blow it way out of proportion.

You were charged the ticket refund fee (CZK270/€10 or equivalent in local currency) in Macedonian denari. Though if you cancelled over the phone, the fee should have been the equivalent of €30 in denari.
Irishguy, thank you for the constructive contribution to the discussion (to be honest. I expected arguing, attacks or something). Now, here we have some source to debate about. Let me share my opinion (feel free to disagree, but let me say it):

Why on earth should anyone give them €10 or €30 or even €1 for absolutely nothing? They cancelled my flight, it's not me that did it, so after all the trouble that they caused me, I have a right at least to get my money back. This is pure cynicism on their part.

About the fee differences between refunding by email or phone: when they cancelled my flight, they sent an sms to my phone, saying call this number. So I called. Now you are saying that they had a right to charge me a fee of 30 euros because I asked a refund via phone? Man, this is insane.

Also, the doc that you linked does not go into details. In what cases these rules apply? Does this apply if they cancel the flight or just in cases when the passenger voluntarilly decides to cancel a refundable ticket? This two things are very different.

Now you may say that it is my problem that I haven't read these rules in advance, but this is just not right. This means that some airline can sell nonexistent flights and then they can say: "Sorry, guys, the flight is cancelled" and they'll collect 10-30 euros per passenger for absolutely nothing. Let's say that there're 500 passengers - that's several 1000s of euros made out of nothing, without even taking off the ground.

And then, if someone protests, they will wave with this paper in front of his face "See, see!". Man, is this a mafia or something?

Also, where was this document when I was booking? How come it was not displayed in a visible way or something?

After all, look: let them take the god damn refund fee and let's just end this Kafkaesque nonsense, but I haven't received anything so far. Not even a penny. Their message says "refund within 3 weeks". Why so long? They'll send cash in an envelope by snail mail or something? In the end I'm afraid that I will not receive anything at all.

Originally Posted by Bakpapier
If you are indeed from Macedonia, you can also fly with Wizz Air. You'll be running back to CSA like a little child to his mother though
Yes, I am. Yeah, there is Wizz and their prices are tempting, but I've never flew with them, cause they don't offer the routes that I need, so I can't comment. If it's so cheap, there must be some catch, I guess, but I don't know. And also, you add the baggage fee and all that on the top of the price and in the end it may turn not so cheap, I assume. But it's similar with CSA. The price includes just 15 kg and then you pay till 32 kg and the price is not the one that attracted you anymore.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Why on earth should anyone give them €10 or €30 or even €1 for absolutely nothing? They cancelled my flight, it's not me that did it, so after all the trouble that they caused me, I have a right at least to get my money back. This is pure cynicism on their part.
As I understand it, it was your request to cancel the ticket. CSA cancelled one flight; they did not cancel your ticket. They offered to rebook you but, as I understand it, this was not acceptable to you and you instead opted for a refund.

Given that they notified you more than 2 weeks prior to the date of travel and offered you either a full refund or a rebooking at your convenience, then they have observed their obligations to you.

Most airlines charge fees for processing refunds. A full refund does not mean that they must waive any service charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.