Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair - Received someone else's itinerary

Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:11 am
Original Poster

I've never flown ryanair and don't have an account with them but I received a travel itinerary to my gmail account this morning from them in someone else's name. I checked on ryanair's website and the itinerary is real so I'd like to contact ryanair and inform them. I tried the livechat and got a proxy error (could be sue to time difference - I'm EST). I tried using the website to send an email but the site kept prompting me to contact the call center.

What's the best way to go about this? Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sounds like a scam to me.

Did you type in the Ryanair URL (do you know it?) or just click a link in the dodgy email?

Somebody else's Ryanair confirmation email was sent to me, and there's no way to contact Ryanair
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. I didn't click any links from the email. I typed in ryanair.com in my browser and once the site loaded retrieved the booking with the PNR and the email address and saw the booking. I didn't see anything to confirm.

I'm not going to call but I'll give live chat another shot.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could it be that the original purchaser typed your email by mistake? If your email address is based on your name, and you use a widely-used email service (rather than, say, a work email address) is their name similar?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

It's not based on my name. It's also not the first time I've had someone else enter my email address by accident though never for anything travel related. But gmail has an issue in that it sometimes does not distinguish between [email protected] and [email protected].
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I occasionally get messages intended for others on Gmail for that reason, too.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by sbjnyc
It's not based on my name. It's also not the first time I've had someone else enter my email address by accident though never for anything travel related. But gmail has an issue in that it sometimes does not distinguish between [email protected] and [email protected].
It never distinguishes between them... so johnsmith@gmail and j.o.h.n.s.m.i.t.h@gmail are treated the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.