Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

Easyjet : Return validity if Onward no show?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver, Cathay Gold, SPG Plat 100, Hilton G, PC Plat,Hertz Pres C, Le club Accor plat

Hello There,

I have a DUS-LGW return booked on Easyjet. I won't be able to make the onward journey but would need the Return. Would the return be valid if onward is a now-show.

Any help appreciated?
Old May 17, 2016, 9:19 am

Yes, your return will still be valid.

Like other LCCs, tickets for easyJet flights are basically standalone products, even if two are purchased together at the same time to form an out-and-back journey.

Missing the outward flight has zero knock-on implications.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:29 pm

Don't forget to claim back the APD - no admin charge to do so on easyJet.
Old May 18, 2016, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Mizter T
Yes, your return will still be valid.

Like other LCCs, tickets for easyJet flights are basically standalone products, even if two are purchased together at the same time to form an out-and-back journey.

Missing the outward flight has zero knock-on implications.
Where is this written?
Old May 18, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
One more data point that the return will STILL be valid. If you contact U2 they'll tell you the same.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
Where is this written?
That's a fair enough question. I have just looked through the easyJet website and alas cannot find an explicit statement that confirms it, but I have also scanned through their Terms & Conditions and - unlike other, legacy airlines - there is nothing in there that states a return flight is forfeited if the outbound flight is not flown.

Also, the video on this easyJet FAQ page clearly refers to "one way pricing".

The other thing to say is that lots of people have done just what the OP has done (missing the outward but flying the return) with no problems, unlike what can happen on other (legacy) airlines where the whole of the rest of itinerary can be forfeited if you miss a flight.

If anyone wants cast iron confirmation, by all means contact easyJet - their customer service offering is quite good.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:07 pm

Where is this written?
Why does it have to be written?

It's the default situation so only needs expressly mentioned when it's not the case, as is the case with most legacies.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Where is this written?
I think the closest you'll find in writing is this in the T&Cs (my bold)

3.1.6 easyJet is a point to point carrier and does not operate a connecting flight service for onward travel using Our Flights or the flights of other carriers. If You have booked an onward Flight with easyJet, this represents a separate contract of carriage.
It's there for them to avoid liability for missed connections, but it would seem to follow (I'm not a lawyer) that outward and return flights would also be separate contracts of carriage.

As mentioned above, if you want more than this I think you'll have to contact U2 directly.
Old May 19, 2016, 3:48 pm

Noted!

(Thanks for all the replies. I was just curious, not doubting anyone.)
Old May 20, 2016, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I got used to booking returns as two separate tickets when using miles to pay. And I extended that to LCC bookings.

For interest: does a "return" U2 reservation produce two separate ticket?
Old May 20, 2016, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I got used to booking returns as two separate tickets when using miles to pay. And I extended that to LCC bookings.

Does U2 produce etickets at all?
Old May 20, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

It will produce one booking reference. I don't know if they have tickets in that sense, as they are non-IATA.

Booking 2 one-ways would of course guarantee the bookings were separate, but you would end up paying 2 admin fees, as these are per booking. However, sometimes the pricing of one-ways can be better to offset this somewhat.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Does U2 produce etickets at all?
To all intents and purposes, the unique reference/PNR is proxy for the ticket. I get separate ones for each direction of the journey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.