Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Estonian Air bankrupt - all flights cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Estonian Air bankrupt - all flights cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:17 pm

It's not the Fair Credit Reporting Act, but googling that led me to a helpful FTC site, which included specific instructions on how to proceed when goods and services are not received. So thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

We are within the 60 days, so that is very helpful. Also the amount is relatively small, which usually makes things easier.

I'll get the dispute started tomorrow. The insurance claim is already started. I've read the policy and the woman I spoke to might be right. Will look to see if I can find another angle on it.

I don't expect to recover twice; once is sufficient. And I have already rebooked on AY, at a slightly higher fare and with a connection, so our travel time is now 155 minutes instead of 65. Could have been a lot worse.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: SK-EBD
SAS will serve the route on its own, starting "next week".

ARN 4 daily rotations
CPH 3 daily rotations
OSL 1 daily rotation
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
SAS will serve the route on its own, starting "next week".

ARN 4 daily rotations
CPH 3 daily rotations
OSL 1 daily rotation
Any information planes and operator? Probably a random mix of available capacity in the begining...
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:52 pm

I have a flight in about a month's time that was to take me from Toronto to Tallinn and back via Amsterdam on KLM. The AMS->TLL portion got cancelled but the TLL->AMS portion got rebooked on Adria Airways. Anybody have any idea what I should be doing to make sure that I can still get to TLL on the outbound journey?

UPDATE: I tried to get KLM to add the AMS->TLL leg (operated by Adria) back onto my itinerary. Called KLM first through its North American call centre (actually operated by Delta) and they didn't understand what was going on since they didn't see any availability on Adria Airways. Called KLM's Dutch call centre (+31 20 474 7747) and got the ball rolling on that almost STAT. Agent knew what had happened since she'd seen a case like this earlier today already. So if anyone else is in the same boat as me, just call the actual KLM call centre in the Netherlands and they'll know what to do.

Last edited by timeo; Nov 9, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by timeo
I have a flight in about a month's time that was to take me from Toronto to Tallinn and back via Amsterdam on KLM. The AMS->TLL portion got cancelled but the TLL->AMS portion got rebooked on Adria Airways. Anybody have any idea what I should be doing to make sure that I can still get to TLL on the outbound journey?
Call your travel agent or airline, where you made the booking, and ask them to fix the outbound leg. They should be able to do that fairly painlessly. Though you may get an extra connection in Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.