Wiki Posts
Search

Would you fly with Hermes ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Would you fly with Hermes ?

With last month's release of an incident report by the french investigators, where they catalogue the failings at Hermes (and EASA) - would you fly with Hermes ?

http://avherald.com/h?article=45ff32de/0000&opt=0
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
As ever, a multitude of factors all liked up the holes in the cheese to cause this. Reading through, a lot of these factors can happen to anyone, but what stands out for me is the criticism if pilot recruitment profiles. It is experience that allows a crew to get out of these situations having learnt a valuable lesson- a low experience pilot community erodes that valuable safety buffer.

In answer to your question, I think I would still fly Hermes, but certainly one to watch.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Shuttle_Endeavour
As ever, a multitude of factors all liked up the holes in the cheese to cause this. Reading through, a lot of these factors can happen to anyone, but what stands out for me is the criticism if pilot recruitment profiles. It is experience that allows a crew to get out of these situations having learnt a valuable lesson- a low experience pilot community erodes that valuable safety buffer.

In answer to your question, I think I would still fly Hermes, but certainly one to watch.
the trouble is that Hermes seem to have plenty of holes in their cheese - waiting to be lined up !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.