Wiki Posts
Search

TAP carry on allowance

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
TAP carry on allowance

I will be flying with TAP this month LHR to FCN, how strict are they with carry on luggage weights?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
TAP does not fly to FCN (Cuxhaven/Nordholz Airport). Please try again.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Originally Posted by stifle
TAP does not fly to FCN (Cuxhaven/Nordholz Airport). Please try again.
Sorry FNC, Funchal, on Madiera Island, Portugal.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
TP is not strict on carry-on luggage within reason.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:10 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
same question. Considering a TAP flight LIS - SXF, but was wondering about the 8kg hand luggage limit. I can definitely be within the size, but the weight would be a challenge. Any recent reports?

Also, does anyone know is the 8kg combined hand luggage + personal item? I didn't see a specific limit posted for the personal item, just size limit.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 6:14 am

In all the segments I've travelled on TP, my carry-on has never been weighed. The only time I imagine this could happen is if you do airport check-in - they may ask you to put it on the scale. I've never had this happen to me.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
I'm reviving this thread.

I have a carry on that fits most planes I've flown (Airbus, Boeing and MDs), but I haven't flown much in regional jets, as I try to avoid them when possible (my last flight in an Embraer was in 2011).

In one moth I'm flying MAD to ORY with a layover in LIS, both segments in TAP's E190, and I just read the guidelines in TAP's website and my carry on is ok, but they have a comment at the bottom of the page that says:

In some aircraft operated by TAP Express (Embraer 190 and ATR 72-600), there may be additional carry-on restrictions due to limited space in the aircraft cabin and luggage compartment.
What does that mean? Should I pressume that any roller will be taken, checked at gate and returned at final destination or at the intermediate stop and then check again at the gate of the following flight?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MfromL
I'm reviving this thread.

I have a carry on that fits most planes I've flown (Airbus, Boeing and MDs), but I haven't flown much in regional jets, as I try to avoid them when possible (my last flight in an Embraer was in 2011).

In one moth I'm flying MAD to ORY with a layover in LIS, both segments in TAP's E190, and I just read the guidelines in TAP's website and my carry on is ok, but they have a comment at the bottom of the page that says:

What does that mean? Should I pressume that any roller will be taken, checked at gate and returned at final destination or at the intermediate stop and then check again at the gate of the following flight?
Normally it means checked at aircraft door, and returned at aircraft door. But not entirely sure for TAP.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:04 am

TP has plane-checks on their ATRs, but AFAIK not no E190s. E190 should be considered the same as a normal plane. If they run out of room, you'll have to have your carry-on checked.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: Current: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond. Former United 1K, JetBlue Mosiac, SPG Platinum
TAP Cabin Luggage - Do They Weigh?

Hello

I am flying TAP for the first-time. Flying from BOS to LIS and LIS to EWR in discounted economy. I am wondering how strict they are with the cabin luggage? The site says 18KG (11LBS). My Tumi handluggage is right at 10 LBS. Not sure if should buy a new carry one? I would have to pack 1lbs or less haha.

Also I am United 1K so Star Gold. I believe my benefits that will translate are priority boarding and 2 checked luggage at no charge.

Anyone have experience to share? Never had my hand luggage weighed accept on domestic Air India flight.

(PS I did google, but most threads about TAP luggage allowance date back to 3 or 4 years ago, looking for recent information.)
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: Current: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond. Former United 1K, JetBlue Mosiac, SPG Platinum
I am so embarrassed .Someone asked my same question recently. , but can someone confirm Star Gold benefits? They still charged me for seat assignments $36 a seat. Is that normal? As when I booked through United seat assignments were free when I called in. When I booked in TAP also economy they charge me $36. Is that expected even with *Gold?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...allowance.html
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:32 am

Actually I found a luggage calculator on their website. I take by the wording they use that hand luggage is unlimited weight. Sounds like the bag is limited to 8KG, but the cabin luggage just had a size restriction.
http://book.flytap.com/bagsim

"Each Adult (Star Alliance Gold Member)
Hand Baggage:
What's this?
1 bag(s) up to 8 kg plus 1 personal item up to 85cm (40x30x15cm).
The overall dimensions of the bag must not exceed 115 cm.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: TK
Hand Luggage, meaning Personal Item is actually restricted up to 2KG but I dont know If they apply this rule or not, basicly a laptop weighs more. Wondering If anybody experienced their personal item/backpack/briefcase has weighed before?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
No checked luggage for discount tickets even for STAR GOLD:

10 or 18 kg

If flying in Economy Class*, the maximum weight will be 1 piece up to 8 Kg, plus 1 personal item with a maximum weight of 2 Kg/4.4 Ib. If flying in Executive Class**, you can carry 2 pieces up to 8 Kg each, plus 1 personal item with a maximum weight of 2 Kg/4.4 Ib.

*Excluding flights to / from Venezuela, with only 1 piece of baggage allowed up to 10 kg (22 lb) / 115 cm (55x40x20) or 45 inches (21.5x15.5x8").

**Exception: To / from USA 1 piece up to 8 Kg and 115cm (55x40x20cm), due to US TSA (Transportation Security Administration) policies.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
TAP Cabin Luggage - Do They Weigh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.