Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair refund but, in the same situation, Norweigan do not

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Ryanair recently gave us a recent as a result of my mother's serious illness. I had to click a few buttons on a webform and submitted the letter from the surgeon. Ryanair sent an automated response so I knew my request had been received. Within an hour, they confirmed that they'd refund the money. No questions asked. Well done Ryanair and thank you to your staff for your understanding and kindness at a difficult time.

Norweigan, on the other hand, said no on the phone but advised me to submit a claim online including a detailed explanation which I thought was fair enough. Since then, weeks later, they have not acknowledged emails and hang up after leaving me on hold for ages. I was then told by a Norweigan staff member to send it as a complaint rather than a claim for a refund. The email address he gave me for complaints was incorrect and returned to me. Frustrating. I'm not sure where to go from here.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Have you tried claiming on your travel insurance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.