Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP luggage delay/lost due to 30 Aug 15 strike

Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT

TAP baggage handlers in Lisbon went on strike today and I didn't receive my luggage. We flew EWR via LIS into Paris Orly. Via LIS on 30 Aug 2015.

Lots of confusion in Paris because this happened to lots of people. I just started multi city Europe vacation. What if anything is EU compensation on this area.

What is best way to handle with TAP?

Last edited by miles_navigator; Aug 30, 2015 at 12:53 pm
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You handle it with the ground handling company that handles TP in ORY. You should theoretically be able to claim essential items that you had to purchase, but this you need to talk to the ground handling agent.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Ground handling company said to contact TAP. It was a company called "SBA" that was outsourced for a group of airlines that fly in to ORY at their terminal/hall. When asked SBA for a TAP representative they said no one was around. Go figure.

Luggage did finally show up 2 days later but I still had to buy clothes and other essentials.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If you're contacting TAP, try first via social media.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.