Wiki Posts
Search

Thomas Cook Premium Economy Report

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Thomas Cook Premium Economy Report

We flew in mid July MAN JFK as we needed a one way flight (Queen Mary 2 back) and wanted direct flight. We booked premium economy as there was a pricing error on the Thomas Cook German website (Condor) where the PE was cheaper than normal economy.

We were impressed with many of the aspects of the flight - good flight times, evening bag drop (we live 20 mins away) was great - completely empty, leg room good but we only did a daytime flight, drinks v good and plenty esp soft drinks where there were decent sized bottles (unlike those silly little cans which are gone in two mouthfuls), frequency of drinks (Emirates (I'm Emirates gold all from Economy flights (transcontinental once a month for work) could learn from this). I didn't use entertainment much as there were no films I wanted to see and hadn't (but I do a long haul return on Emirates about once per month so get my movies there).

Boarding was less impressive with one queue and no priority (we weren't at the gate when it opened as we were in a lounge and so had to walk from there). I walked to the front and pushed in (much to horror of my teenage children) - I did ask a gate attendant. Food was ok (husband and I thought main meal was fine but kids didn't like it -they are teenagers so couldn't book a kids meal which I think would have been better for them - they bought some snacks so we're fine). Afternoon tea was awful with stale sandwiches.

Bags were off as we came through immigration (we're on the US system so got through fairly quickly).

Overall I would recommend it esp if there isn't a huge price differential. Cabin was full so I suspect there were latelling upgrade offers as it hadn't been a few days earlier.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: FI Gold, BA Bronze, SK Silver
On other airlines I see from time to time PE class cheaper than Econ if Econ is almost fully booked, but PE not as booked, that could also have been the reason for the pricing

But good you enjoyed it.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: BA
Hi

Thanks for the advice. Flying MAN-LAX in May on the A330 in PE. Just trying to work out which seats to book. Does anyone know what the leg room in 1 H/K is like, as currently in 7 H/K (rearmost row and no recline problems allegedly!)

On seatguru it says legroom may be limited, but I wonder if this is for the old PE product rather than the relaunched one. Would appreciate your advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.