Search

Icelandair Seating Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Icelandair Seating Question

Hey all,
I'm a long time lurker who doesn't post a lot, but I have a question and I don't know who else to ask.

I'm booked on Icelandair CDG -> KEF -> JFK in January. Leg one is a 757-200, leg two is a 757-300. I called to have seats assigned to me and was given 12C and 14C respectively.

Looking on Icelandair's seating chart, the seats are in the standard economy section. However, looking on SeatGuru, those seats appear to be Economy Comfort seats, even though I didn't pay for Economy Comfort. Did I get lucky and get seats with a little more pitch/width than standard economy (I know I won't get the food and beverage perks of economy comfort)?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:06 am

It is possible. They can adjust where the cabin starts, so some people can get the extra inch of legroom for free.

You can see the seat maps online, and switch your seats if desired.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:49 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Let me move this to the airline forum where Icelandair is discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by will2288
It is possible. They can adjust where the cabin starts, so some people can get the extra inch of legroom for free.

Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The EC seats aren't wider than the regular E seats, they just block out the middle seat. If you're lucky (and it does happen) Saga is underbooked and they move EC forward a row and you can get Saga seats on an EC ticket (you get EC service).
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Seat changed

Originally Posted by will2288

How do you do this online? They changed my original seat and I would like to get it back.
I am in economy comfort. I could not find any seat maps to change my seat.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by chrisl137
The EC seats aren't wider than the regular E seats, they just block out the middle seat. If you're lucky (and it does happen) Saga is underbooked and they move EC forward a row and you can get Saga seats on an EC ticket (you get EC service).
They actually are. The arm-rest is adjustable to push towards the blocked off middle seat.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:16 pm

I want to know how to change my seat. Can this be done online or do you have to call?
Old Sep 15, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Originally Posted by mzredhead
I want to know how to change my seat. Can this be done online or do you have to call?
Just go to the Icelandair website, click on the "My Trips" tab, and enter your booking reference (confirmation code) and last name.

But Icelandair does nor ASSIGN seats until check-in. What you have, and what you will enter if doing the above, is a seat REQUEST.

Usually you get your requested seat, as an assigned seat when you check-in, but not always.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:15 am

I have an assigned seat. It was changed from the one I made originally. I am unable to change this seat. There is no place for me to do so. I made the reservation over the phone because the website was not functioning. I am now in 10A but originally they gave me 5A which is a much better seat. After I put in my confirmation number and last name the reservation pops up but there is no place to make seat changes.

That button for seats is now working. It was not there earlier.

Last edited by mzredhead; Sep 16, 2015 at 3:41 pm Reason: correction
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
You can call it an assigned seat if you like, but Icelandair does have this disclaimer when you select seats when purchasing a ticket on their website:

"The Carrier will endeavour to honour advance seating requests if possible, however it cannot guarantee any particular seat.
The Carrier reserves the right to assign or reassign seats at any time, even after boarding of the aircraft. This may be necessary for operational, safety or security reasons."

You will not know for certain where your seat is until you have your boarding pass, and even then it can be changed by Icelandair to fit their needs.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta Plt,American Lifetime Platinum
Icelandic coach seat selection

Good Morning:
My wife and I are taking our 18 year old Granddaughter on a trip using Icelandic from Boston to Copenhagen and back from Bergen into Iceland then on to Boston.
Would appreciate anyone thoughts on selection of economy seats
Are the exit row seats ok or smoother location.
Thank You In advance
Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.