Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Thomas Cook transatlantic, - is there a catch?

Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

looking at LAS-GLA later this year (direct flight), fare is coming up just over half ua/aa/dl (which are connection flights), so even when you back in FF mileage on UA's reduced program, it is still a non-trivial discount + time savings.

My question is - what is the catch? are there hidden fees (e.g. ticket doesn't include taxes?), etc? I see they want to charge for chosen seating, a la Spirit, but beyond that and the 23kg luggage limit, I don't see anything too obtuse. All that said - always better to ask first! Anything you wish you had known before showing up at airport for your flight - please post it!

I have searched cook on this forum and it is hard to nail down any issues (beyond flights simply being cancelled without replacement aircraft, meaning vacations simply lost).
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
I'm flying MAN JFK (premium economy) in two weeks so will post a report. We flew Norwegian LGW JFK last summer and that was fine.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
I'm flying MAN JFK (premium economy) in two weeks so will post a report. We flew Norwegian LGW JFK last summer and that was fine.

thanks. for the most part the dates/routes I need aren't that much diff. fare-wise from major airline rates, but off-season (november, in this case) is quite a bit less. the cash + time savings vs. PQM with a major has made the entire decision a bit murky, but even after backing out RDM from UA, the net diff seems to be 200-300$ + about 5 hours (and a much simpler customs experience in LAS).
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Make sure you are on one of their A332 with the 'new&improved' economy cabin. 763 and 752 service ain't that nice, its 'hello 90s' in there (think overhead projectors etc)

http://www.thomascookairlines.com/EconomyCabin.aspx
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:47 am

The 763s do high capacity short/mid haul now. The A332's which do the TATL flying are very recently refurbished and are actually very nice. Certainly no worse than (and better in some cases, looking at you AA757/767) legacy airlines.

Expect a quasi LCC attitude etc and you won't be disappointed for the price paid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.