Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

KLM awards miles - CSA doesn't - for the same fairly expensive booking class.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum

Dear Other European Airlines forum readers (mostly busy with Icelandair and Tarom, I know) I have the following issue, please your advice:

KLM has introduced a class W in European flights. According to the R&R of Flying Blue it carries a respectable 75% of miles, just as classes U or M.

I flew in class W and had the points credited to the OK-Plus ff programme of longstanding Skyteam partner Czech Airlines (CSA). Now OK-Plus has a mileage table that doesn't mention class W. It also states that classes that are not mentioned do not get points.

I maybe should have looked whether class W was in the CSA table. But normally the mileage tables agree fully. Also the classes U and M are mentioned and have the same number of miles as KLM.

But obviously this is a Skyteam issue - if you cannot trust the partners to update their respective mileage tables than the programme loses something of its advantages I would say.

Should I be complaining to CSA or to Skyteam? I don't know whether KLM was late with telling CSA, CSA is late with implementing (the most likely scenario - they just cut 30% staff, and reduced wages for the rest, also with 30%). But Skyteam should guarantee a measure of compliance between their members - but a process for aligning mileage tables should not be that difficult to implement.

There are 10 or so classes that are cheaper than W and still carry miles - it is rather odd that an expensive one like this does not.

Now you can claim points on tickets from a year ago - I guess by that time the mileage tables will be aligned - but still.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by Kvet01

Now you can claim points on tickets from a year ago - I guess by that time the mileage tables will be aligned - but still.
Even the tables will be aligned - they will have some sort of the "date" where they start from - so holding your claim will not help you..
Old May 3, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
When was W introduced? In my experience it usually takes a while (weeks to months) before partenrs are informed and have updated their tables. But that won't help you with a past flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.