Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IcelandAir Economy Comfort

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EC pax get premium checkin and lounge access in KEF:

http://www.icelandair.us/information...onomy-comfort/
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Best seats in economy comfort, 757-200

I could not find this anywhere, so thought I would offer my two cents. 7F is great, a private window seat. It is far enough from the lav that you won't be bothered by the door opening and closing. Tons of leg room as Saga class is in font of you. 7D is too close to the lav, which is directly adjacent. 9D also has a ton of leg room, more than Saga class. Better than 9C because those queuing for the lav won't be standing in front of you. But 9C is still fine. 9A and 9F have a protruding exit door in front of them. I would not sit there if you paid me. 8D and 8E look to have the leg room of economy. I could not get 8D to recline, even though there is a recline button. Row 10 and back are middling. 33" pitch is nothing to get excited about. Being tall, I could not extend my legs into the footwell while reclined and trying to sleep.

The seats are hard. Bring a pillow to sit on. I brought an extra pillow and managed to kind of lie down across the middle seat table and sleep. Recline on the seats is very good.

One advantage of booking economy comfort is that you effectively enter a lottery to be bumped up to the last rows of Saga Class seating if economy is oversold. You get economy comfort service and economy class lav access but a business class seat.

Last edited by economyplusfan; Oct 11, 2015 at 6:53 am Reason: Added info about upgrade
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
I could not find this anywhere, so thought I would offer my two cents. 7F is great, a private window seat. It is far enough from the lav that you won't be bothered by the door opening and closing. Tons of leg room as Saga class is in font of you. 7D is too close to the lav, which is directly adjacent. 9D also has a ton of leg room, more than Saga class. Better than 9C because those queuing for the lav won't be standing in front of you. But 9C is still fine. 9A and 9F have a protruding exit door in front of them. I would not sit there if you paid me. 8D and 8E look to have the leg room of economy. I could not get 8D to recline, even though there is a recline button. Row 10 and back are middling. 33" pitch is nothing to get excited about. Being tall, I could not extend my legs into the footwell while reclined and trying to sleep.

The seats are hard. Bring a pillow to sit on. I brought an extra pillow and managed to kind of lie down across the middle seat table and sleep. Recline on the seats is very good.

One advantage of booking economy comfort is that you effectively enter a lottery to be bumped up to the last rows of Saga Class seating if economy is oversold. You get economy comfort service and economy class lav access but a business class seat.

I couldn't agree more on this review. This is spot on.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:59 pm

Hi experts!
About to book economy comfort r/t from JFK to AMS through KEF. What appealed to us was the blocked out middle chair. When we went to book it appears as though that is not the case...2-3-2 with only a middle chair blocked out in the middle section.
Looking around, I found a thread stating that FI is adding 767s to their fleet which accounts for the change. Does anyone have any specs for these seats, width, pitch, etc...? Want to make sure there is an advantage to booking E+ (other than cancel policy, meals, drinks, lounge access)?
Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by Drpepr
Hi experts!
About to book economy comfort r/t from JFK to AMS through KEF. What appealed to us was the blocked out middle chair. When we went to book it appears as though that is not the case...2-3-2 with only a middle chair blocked out in the middle section.
Looking around, I found a thread stating that FI is adding 767s to their fleet which accounts for the change. Does anyone have any specs for these seats, width, pitch, etc...? Want to make sure there is an advantage to booking E+ (other than cancel policy, meals, drinks, lounge access)?
Thanks!
Since the 767s are not yet in service, no-one can give you a definitive answer. I would speculate it would be exactly the same type of seats as in their 757s.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Braniff
Since the 767s are not yet in service, no-one can give you a definitive answer. I would speculate it would be exactly the same type of seats as in their 757s.
+1
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Braniff
Finally spoke with someone who seemed to know. He said width of economy plus will be 18.9 and pitch 34...so it appears the seats will be different,
Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:18 pm

We managed to snag row 6 as EC and can't wait. I just want to take a nap and have a snack. I just can never sleep in normal Economy seats. Anything we should know? SEA to KEF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.