IcelandAir Economy Comfort

Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:33 am
Original Poster

IcelandAir Economy Comfort

All:

Three of us are booked on a flight from KEF-YYZ this summer that is a 757-200. We have seats "12D", "12E", and "12F" however only paid the "economy" price even though these seats appear to be designated economy comfort.

I'm assuming the little tray table or whatever they are placing between the seats can be removed and the middle seat can be converted to a normal seat at-will? Further want to assume the arms go up between the seats so we're all a little more comfortable?

Anyone?

-Stuart
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Don't assume you'll keep the seats even if you do electronic check in. FI may well move you when you get to the airport.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Hi Stuart

I had a flight recently with FI and when I booked a seat I managed to snag 6A which is Saga class but was sold as Y. On the return 7F was available. No changes for me. So you might be lucky.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

My main concern is removing that table in the middle seat in economy comfort and can it be done?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Don't assume you'll keep the seats even if you do electronic check in. FI may well move you when you get to the airport.
Never ever happened to me in all my years of flying Icelandair - except in a good way ;-)
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by StuartMI
My main concern is removing that table in the middle seat in economy comfort and can it be done?
Do not worry. The tray table - on the few planes it exists - can be removed.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, Braniff! ^^^
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We just flew 3 people JFK-KEF in economy comfort and they put us in the row 6 Saga seats but with EC service - they had apparently moved the Saga bulkhead up one row. The row immediately behind us had the little tray in the middle seat, but it looked narrower than the one in the promo pic. EC service vs. Saga made no difference, as it was an overnight flight and we all just slept. I have the impression that they're very flexible about how many of what class they'll sell for any flight and will reconfigure as needed.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
looking at the maps for an upcoming trip, both ways booked in eco+ but seats are in rows 5/6 or rows 4/5 (outbound v return) so am i correct in thinking these are saga seats but eco+service and still in the forward cabin though?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VSLover
looking at the maps for an upcoming trip, both ways booked in eco+ but seats are in rows 5/6 or rows 4/5 (outbound v return) so am i correct in thinking these are saga seats but eco+service and still in the forward cabin though?
Based on my limited experience (the trip in my previous post) they'll move the bulkhead and curtain but leave the nice big seats and you'll get Economy Comfort service. Since we slept through the night I can't tell you how the service is...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chrisl137
Based on my limited experience (the trip in my previous post) they'll move the bulkhead and curtain but leave the nice big seats and you'll get Economy Comfort service. Since we slept through the night I can't tell you how the service is...
thanks!

i'm taking the day flight from JFK so beyond a basic snack and drink, i'm not expecting much on such a shortish flight
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VSLover
i'm taking the day flight from JFK so beyond a basic snack and drink, i'm not expecting much on such a shortish flight
They have a fairly large menu of snackish and light meal things that you get for free included in the EC class seats. We're booked in regular economy for the return trip (KEF-SEA), but EC looks like enough of an improvement that I'd probably try to get it round trip next time.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I'm on a 75W aircraft next week and am in Ecomf. Doing ghost bookings I can see that the seatmap is showing Ecomf as rows 7, 9, 10, and Saga as rows 1 through 5. No row 6. I presume they are holding off on this and may slip E+ to Saga seats if they convert row 10 to economy. Are my chances of getting into row 6 better if I am in row 7, 9, or 10?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Have you received a "Class UP" e-mail from Icelandair? You normally get one 10 days before your flight, and you can bid for a one class upgrade. As you have an EC ticket, you would be bidding on Saga class seat.

Per the T&C of 'Class UP", you have until 72 hrs prior to your flight to place a bid. Icelandair can accept a bid any time after you make it, but is under no obligation to accept any bid.

In your situation, perhaps they are waiting to see if EC passengers on your flight are going to bid for the upgrade, how much the bid is, and if they want to accept that bid and move those EC passengers to Saga.

Not all flights have "Class UP", but if yours does, I would think they are looking to sell the upgrades rather than just move people up from EC.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:54 am

Offhand, does anyone know if Economy Comfort gets to use the premium check in lines (Saga class??) at KEF airport?
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.