Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Germanwings changed my flight schedule, can I get a refund?

Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

I have a flight booked with Germanwings from Split, Croatia to Berlin, Germany on March 31. We were scheduled to leave at 2:30PM and get to Berlin at 4:15 PM. I got a notice they changed my flight times, to leaving Split at 8:10 PM and arriving in Berlin at 9:55 PM.

Given the change, I can no longer make this flight, and this airline doesn't have this route at another time I can make, since the route isn't flown frequently.

Do you think I am able to get a refund for my airfare?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by droddle
Hello everyone,

I have a flight booked with Germanwings from Split, Croatia to Berlin, Germany on March 31. We were scheduled to leave at 2:30PM and get to Berlin at 4:15 PM. I got a notice they changed my flight times, to leaving Split at 8:10 PM and arriving in Berlin at 9:55 PM.

Given the change, I can no longer make this flight, and this airline doesn't have this route at another time I can make, since the route isn't flown frequently.

Do you think I am able to get a refund for my airfare?
Of course, just call them. However, you can also ask if they can rebook you on LH at a convenient time.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by mmff
Of course, just call them. However, you can also ask if they can rebook you on LH at a convenient time.
LH don't appear to have any flights to/from Split (they may well have done in the past, but most of their regional routes have now gone to their low-cost subsidiary). That late-evening flight is the only direct flight to TXL, Germanwings have an alternative via DUS closer to the OP's original times, but departing earlier and arriving later.

And yes, you can get your money back as this is a substantial change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.