Wiki Posts
Search

TP Victoria - FFP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
TP Victoria - FFP

Thread to keep all info/details/questions of Victoria under one roof.
TP just made it easier for those re-qualifying and introduced soft landings for those not doing so.
So to re-qualify:
*G - 50k or 40 TP segments
*S - 20k or 15 TP segments

TAP’s loyalty programme, Victoria, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year following its re-branding in 2005, is going to have new rules from now on. After assessing the main concerns of TAP’s frequent flyers the company has decided to introduce new rules for Gold and Silver Clients, which will establish new minimum requirements to make it easier for these clients to retain their status. To retain Gold status, over the course of a year clients need only fly 50,000 miles on the Star Alliance network or 40 TAP segments. Silver Clients need only fly 20,000 on Star Alliance network airlines or 15 TAP segments during the year to retain their Victoria Silver Client status. By doing this the company has reduced the number of miles and segments clients require in order to retain their Gold or Silver status (before it was necessary for Gold Clients to fly 70,000 miles or 50 TAP segments, while Silver Clients had to fly 30,000 miles or 25 TAP segments to retain their status). In another change to the Victoria Programme, those who are unable to retain their status will pass to the level immediately below rather than to the basic Miles Client status. From now, Gold Clients who no longer qualify for this status will automatically become Silver Clients rather than Miles Clients, as was the case before. With these new rules, TAP is seeking to adjust the Victoria Programme to meet the actual needs of its clients and to offer more benefits and better compensation to those who remain loyal to the company. - See more at: http://www.tapportugal.com/PressRele....kLEdj9UX.dpuf
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Thread to keep all info/details/questions of Victoria under one roof.
TP just made it easier for those re-qualifying and introduced soft landings for those not doing so.
So to re-qualify:
*G - 50k or 40 TP segments
*S - 20k or 15 TP segments
Interesting! So TP is entering the league of Turkish and Aegean as low-level entry vehicles to *G....

I'm sure there'll be some downsides in the redemption arena - and with the airline up for sale, there's always a concern that *G might change into some other form of gold.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Isn't 50k the normal amount to (re)qualify for *G in most programs?
Anything < 50k may be low level entry...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by izzik
Isn't 50k the normal amount to (re)qualify for *G in most programs?
Anything < 50k may be low level entry...
From the heady heights of Miles & More, 50K is plenty low

I was considering Aegean, the golden-boy of *A low-entry, until the requirement shot up to 72K.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Using miles for someone else

Just a quick info for redemptions for someone else and account holder not travelling.
If you redeem TP miles for someone else and the account holder is not travelling you'll need to do reply to the booking confirmation with the following to validate the booking:

VERY IMPORTANT: In order to safeguard the security of this booking, TAP requests that it be validated by the Victoria account card holder. This validation must be carried out by e-mail to victoria.gfp[at]tap.pt.

In order to accomplish the validation, the following documents must be sent:
- Copy of the Victoria account holder’s personal identification (National Identity Card or Passport)*;
- Written authorization to use miles signed by the Victoria account holder. The authorization should include mention of the booking, flights, dates and beneficiary name(s).
We inform that failure to comply with this procedure in 24 hours shall result in the immediate booking cancellation without any advance warning.

* TAP informs that these details are confidential and after being verified, will be destroyed and no details whatsoever will be recorded or kept.

Attention: Written communication with Victoria Service Centre is only available in Portuguese, English, French and Spanish.
Nice bureaucracy.

Meanwhile the part that drives me crazy.
This specific itinerary paid taxes in the amount of - 66.86EUR
The same itinerary exactly one year ago - 58.66 EUR

Ticket Service Fee (OC) was doubled from 5 to 10 EUR (great...)
YQ is the same 35 EUR - Really?? Oil didn't move?
CH Security/noise charge went up by the remainder...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:53 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Just a quick info for redemptions for someone else and account holder not travelling.
If you redeem TP miles for someone else and the account holder is not travelling you'll need to do reply to the booking confirmation with the following to validate the booking
Unfortunately, it's similar for paid tickets: if you pay for someone else's ticket, you need to send them an email or fax with your ID.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:54 am
Original Poster

For those using Victoria there is a promo for double miles to Brazil
No registration seems to be required:

Victoria Programme launches campaign to run until 29 February

To celebrate the Victoria Programme’s 10-year anniversary, TAP is offering double miles to its loyalty programme clients who travel between Portugal and Brazil between now and 29 February 2016.

This promotion includes all flights operated by TAP on routes in which Brazil is the departure point and/or destination. TAP flies a total of 14 routes between Lisbon/Porto and 11 Brazilian cities.
- See more at: http://www.tapportugal.com/PressRele....yUVxf7hr.dpuf
Details per TP product (discount looks to be excluded)

http://www.flytap.com/Portugal/en/Vi...thday/november
Old May 28, 2016, 11:13 pm

How much does TAP charge when selling reward miles? I can't find out from their website without logging in, and I am not sure if I even want to sign up.

And: Is there any welcome bonus, referral bonus or thelike for new members? If it is not offered right now, is it offered occasionally? I could wait as my flights are many months away. :-)

TNX

Last edited by sokolov; May 28, 2016 at 11:56 pm
Old May 31, 2016, 3:54 am
Original Poster

2000 miles will cost 70EUR
max 20'000 miles at 700EUR
very poor deal IMO

Once in a while there are sign-up bonuses but it's 500 miles from what I recall.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:19 pm

2000 miles will cost 70EUR
max 20'000 miles at 700EUR
very poor deal IMO

Once in a while there are sign-up bonuses but it's 500 miles from what I recall.
Thank you. I was hoping for 2k sign up bonus. That would have helped a lot. :-)
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:36 pm

Is there a way to retroactively claim miles using an email address at Victoria?

Sometimes my middle name is in the PNR, and I am unable to use Victoria's web form to claim the miles whenever this is the case. I'm guessing this happens because when my middle name is included in the PNR, it is included as part of my first name, and then Victoria does not recognize the booking as being mine.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: Starbucks and MVP Gold
Anyone know anything about the TAP STEP program? Its supposed to be their FF program for youth ages 12-25;

(to attain)
STEP One = entry level
STEP More = 30,000 miles [or] 25 segments on TAP
STEP Up = 70,000 miles [or] 50 segments on TAP

Their website and app (both incredibly disorienting to navigate) vaguely spell out benefits such as +50% miles and increased luggage for even entry level, and priority lines and lounge access for the other two. I (presume) this is equivalent to *A Gold/Silver.

I am in the qualifying age range, but not sure if there's anything useful I'm missing? All I have are two RTs from US-EU.
It also won't let me register for Victoria because I have this STEP account now, and there isn't even an option to input my PNR through STEP...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Any one knows if TAP would allow retro credit for flights from before enrollment?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The site says nothing. Try sending them a FB PM
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
TAP GOLD is actually 70K now to get but 50k in subsequent years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.