Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Icelandair Pre-book Meals - Saga class

Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:27 am
Original Poster

We are flying Saga class CPH-KEF-SFB return and have the option to pre-book our meals.

When I log in to do so, we have options of booking CPH-KEF, KEF-SFB and then KEF-CPH with the SFB-CPH not showing meals available.

Three questions:
1. Is there no meal from SFB-CPH? Flight leaves at 7 pm in the evening with arrival at 6.10 am in KEF. I'm assuming there is a meal, but perhaps as it's not pre-boarded in Scandinavia that there is no option for pre-booking as it will be prepared in North America?

2. For the KEF-CPH flight which leaves at 7.45 am following the overnight flight from SFB, the options are identical to the two westbound flights, i.e. they are lunch / dinner selections from among the menu here:
http://www.icelandair.dk/servlet/fil...edill-ensk.pdf

Does FI not serve a breakfast meal on this flight? At that time in the morning following the overnight flight, I'd rather have an egg dish than, for example, lamb, chicken, beef or fish.

3. If we do not pre-book any meals, what options are we given on board?

Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:31 pm

If memory serves on KEF-CPH and KEF-ARN there is a more "breakfasty" option available, though you might have to ask for it. Typically a ham and cheese croissant. Also you can ask for anything that is being served from the Economy menu as well. The protein bars are quite tasty.

You can also grab a bite at the Saga Lounge, you'll have plenty of time.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:14 am
Original Poster

I had forgotten about the lounge, good idea. We arrive in KEF at 6.10 and depart for CPH at 7.45 so breakfast in the lounge sounds like the best idea and skip the meal on board.

Actually the fruit plate or northern tapas plate could be a good breakfast option on board as well. Or perhaps the unspecified gluten free option.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
Has anybody risked the mystery "gluten free option"? What did you receive?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: UA Plat
We had the same issue DEN-KEF. Unable to pre-order a meal. The flight attendant said something about the problem being that they only get catered in Iceland and so can't serve anything on the way to Iceland because the meals spoil during the aircraft's layover in DEN. I am guessing she meant that they only cater pre-ordered meals in Iceland.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.