Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus
Thanks for the update @Nancy
It would be great if you and others could repost as your/their claims progress - It will be of great help to other customers to know how willing they are to live up to their promises.
By the way did the airport manager explain why he asked to meet you when you checked in at EWR? Just curious!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:42 pm

No, the airport manager didn't explain. I assume it was because I had been pretty vocal on social media, expressing my concerns about unreliability. They wanted to put best foot forward and they did.

Re: Compensation: 1) I was offered a free round trip which I have already booked. E-ticket is in hand for Paris in August, 2) I was told they would reimburse my hotel bill within 30 days. We are no where near that so stay tuned..., 3) I also have a voucher in hand for $600.00 to apply to another ticket within the year. So far they have honored all commitments promptly and with courtesy.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus
That is good to know @Nancy - yes please do keep us updated and it would be interesting to hear from anyone else what their experience is too.
I trust you enjoyed being a "VIP" at EWR even if you did not really know why
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Club - Gold
I am due to fly from LTN-EWR on Thursday, and back again on Monday. Am concerned as they have already re-booked me onto the Monday flight after cancelling the original flight, which was scheduled to leave on Sunday. Having just looked online to try and check that the flights are running, the website shows "no flights" for anything past the end of June. Should I be worried?

Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:34 pm

This airline is a complete joke and all they ever do is LIE to their customers, they left my family and I stranded after diverting our plane that should have landed in Luton to Paris.

It took us 11 hours (2 adults, 2 children, 6 suitcases, 4 hand luggage) to get from Paris, home to Luton.

I am still waiting for the compensation they promised me and if I havn't received it by the end of June I will be going live with this site in July:

www.laconpagnie.com

I will ensure I can do everything in my power to make this airline suffer for the way they have treated myself and other passengers (customers).

So, make sure you bookmark the URL below so that you can add the review of your experience of this bloody awful airline.

www.laconpagnie.com
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:20 pm

@Moritzio, I took a quick look at the website earlier. I did an EWT-LUT-EWR search and there were definitely flights in July. It looks as though they are cutting back but not canceling all flights. You should be fine.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:30 pm

Our flight August 9 Luton-Newark was just cancelled. They booked us on a flight the following day which does not work for us. I'm trying to get a refund but there is no customer service available on weekends (I was given an email address to write to and told someone will get back to me in two days). I'd avoid the hassle, knowing what I know now. I'm sure if we had got on the flight it would have been great but to me the most important thing is reliability. I have seen people posting about August 7 cancellations as well -- just too unpredictable.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:53 am

Just want everyone to know that La Compagnie has honored all promises as a result of the June 12 cancellation. I have been reimbursed for the extra night at my hotel, my complimentary ticket is booked for Paris in August and I have a voucher in hand to use toward an upcoming flight.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But it just seems like too much hassle, doesn't it? I was tempted to give this a shot, but even at that price I think it's not worth the hassle and uncertainty.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:53 am

I've been watching it pretty closely and it looks like the constant cancellations have stopped. Perhaps they've sorted out some of their start-up issues in London.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: SK Gold, CO Silver, Marriott Gold
At the moment they appear to have settled down. Flew them twice in the last 2 weeks LTN-EWR, both times on-time, excellent service, good quality food. About 40-50 passengers per flight. The lounge in Luton is still a building site, but other than that a lot to recommend the experience.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by warric123
At the moment they appear to have settled down.
So now they can pay attention to their website and online advertising.
This morning, on the home page of a travel industry newsletter, there was a link to their site advertising London-New York for GBP 800 RT. It linked to a page with, left side, a display box promoting the same route for GBP 1100 RT. On the right, a text headlining the same route at GBP 1000.
With a weird date, the sort of error in which stubborn LH excels: "august 01st".

One hopes they maintain their plane(s) with more attention to detail than they do for their digital services.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Is it me, or does it seem odd that there are so many first time posters on this thread?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by oenophilist
Is it me, or does it seem odd that there are so many first time posters on this thread?
Not odd, but noteworthy. It is a fine testimony to the coalescing power of FlyerTalk. Yet again, its role as a forum for flyers -- in this case, perhaps newbies to the purported business class on offer at La Compagnie, who know nowhere else to rightly moan -- to air and share their views, news, expectations and experience.

Good idea, Randy!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oenophilist
From my perspective, although I read FT every day there isn't usually a lot that I can add to a thread as the people posting tend to be a lot more knowledgeable than I am.

I posted on this thread as I knew others would be looking for information and hoped I could help in some way

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.