Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wow Air Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
I'm looking at a flight from BWI on August (I assume the A321?) and it now shows "XL" seats on the left side of the plane (~$50) and "XXL" seats on the right side (~$70). Any idea what the pitch is and differences are between these two seats?

Of course their website has no info...
Old Jun 9, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by alanstar
Sorry, I should have mentioned this was BOS-KEF-BOS. They reassigned me to 11D and 7F. But those seats paled in comparison to the exit row seats, which have about 5-6' of space in front of them.

And both flights I was on were sold out, every seat taken.

I didn't ask the passengers in 10D/E what their seat assignments were, but they obviously knew where they were supposed to sit. And when I originally checked in, the counter agent told me there was no 10F in their seating system.
Despite this poor service it seems like WOW is selloping tickets, which is all they are about...
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:17 am

After numerous calls, emails and tweets, I was able to finally convince Wow Air that their Row 10 online seat map was incorrectly matched to their aircraft seats letters. So, now hopefully the non-existant 10F seats won't be lost. Overnight they fixed the issue and now there is no 10F on the seat map and 10D is available for selection.

*IF* you currently have selected 10F, you'll want to call and have them manually shift you over to 10D as these seats are now "XXL" seats and come with a much higher price ($67) than when I originally booked at $24. There was no additional charge for me.

Previously:

Corrected June-11:
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by doctor15
I'm looking at a flight from BWI on August (I assume the A321?) and it now shows "XL" seats on the left side of the plane (~$50) and "XXL" seats on the right side (~$70). Any idea what the pitch is and differences are between these two seats?

Of course their website has no info...
It's not easy to find, but it is listed on their seat map legend. Also look back on this thread for some posted articles that review personal experiences on the US plane (keep in mind this is a different plane than what they fly to Europe).
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold,
Confused about extra legroom exit

Confused.

So it looks like - based on the updated seat map - that in the first section the non-premium row (11) is the one with the mega extra legroom, but lower charge than row 10. In the back, this is not the case.

For those that have flown on WW can you confirm that row 11 has a lot of extra legroom?

G
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Row 10 has about five feet of legroom, its massive. In Row 11, seats A and F have nothing in front of them, and therefore also have tons of space. The other seats in Row 11 (B/C/D/E) are fairly standard legroom.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:45 pm

wow glad I ran into this thread. I'm flying with wow air this coming july. Gonna make some few adjustments
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:10 am

For an upcoming BOS-KEF flight, when I tried to book seat 11A, which appears to have a ton of extra legroom due to the absence of a seat in front of it, a warning popped up saying "Seats cannot be leaned--Seats in row 11 and 12 cannot be leaned back", and offered the option to choose another seat.

I tried selecting a seat in row 12, and the warning did not appear.

I then looked at the seatmap for the 320, and it appears as the seats in row 11 and 12 on that plane do not recline as they are in front of the emergency exit.

I'm thinking that wow did not change the warning for the 321, and that seat 11a actually does recline. Can anyone confirm?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:42 am

I am flying this Friday, BWI-KEF, and then Aug 2 KEF to BWI. We've got 2A and 2C reserved for outbound, and 11D and 11F for inbound. We also got the indication that row 11 doesn't recline, but we'd rather have the more legroom for my husband (bad knees and 6'4") then reclining on the day flight. I'll update after our trip.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:35 am

Just flew BWI-KEF roundtrip in row 10D & 10E and it was worth every penny for the upgrade to these exit row seats. SOOO much room! I was surprised that 10B and 10C were empty on a rather full flight. They certainly didn't let other passengers after departing just move to these open seats. The FA woke up a sleeping passenger to request payment or return to their assigned seat. Overall, the FA are very professional and friendly. I'd recommend 10E & 10E over the 10B/10C seats due to a life raft compartment in front of the B/C seats in this row which compromises a bit of your legroom and access to store beneath the seats in front of you (although it could be handy if you wish to prop up your feet). Here's a pic of 10B/10C for reference: (This is on the A321 they only fly BOS & BWI to KEF routes.)

trooper likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:02 pm

I no longer see the option to change seats online for my BWI-KEF flight. My flight is in 2 weeks. Anyone else have this problem? Also, are there any seats with windows not aligned? I want to make sure I get good views of greenland and so I'm looking for seats on the left side of the plane.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:01 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by cricfan777
I no longer see the option to change seats online for my BWI-KEF flight. My flight is in 2 weeks. Anyone else have this problem? Also, are there any seats with windows not aligned? I want to make sure I get good views of greenland and so I'm looking for seats on the left side of the plane.
I noticed the same thing - strange that the seat change option disappeared!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, DL Plat
Originally Posted by alanstar
Sorry, I should have mentioned this was BOS-KEF-BOS.
With no online check-in option, how was the BOS WOW check-in desk? They only open two hours before departure, so lines could cause close calls WRT boarding.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 3:22 pm

That's right, there's no online check-in. On my flight 3 weeks ago from BWI-KEF the BWI check-in opened 4-hours prior to the flight. BWI agents started check-in promptly at 3:30pm for their 7:25pm departure. I also was confused as their website only says 2-hours (for all flights), but in reality it seems they're open much earlier at BWI at least (perhaps BOS is the same?).

The plane only seats 200, so the check-in lines never really got very big (there were 4 contracted agents checking in passengers over 4 hours.

Originally Posted by PancakeGames
With no online check-in option, how was the BOS WOW check-in desk? They only open two hours before departure, so lines could cause close calls WRT boarding.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, DL Plat
Originally Posted by TrAAveller
On my flight 3 weeks ago from BWI-KEF the BWI check-in opened 4-hours prior to the flight. BWI agents started check-in promptly at 3:30pm for their 7:25pm departure. I also was confused as their website only says 2-hours (for all flights), but in reality it seems they're open much earlier at BWI at least (perhaps BOS is the same?).
Good to know. Opening two hours before departure seems a bit naive. Hopefully 4 hours is closer to the norm. Appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.