Search

TAP lounge access in LIS on codeshare?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
TAP lounge access in LIS on codeshare?

Hi,

I'll be flying xxx - LIS - yyy shortly. The (one) ticket was bought on the TAP website, both flights have TAP flight numbers. The first leg is operated by TAP, the second leg by SATA. Will I get access to the TAP lounge in LIS as a (non TAP) *G? With a guest?

[ETA: Just realized that with the announced strikes, I really have more important things to worry about - but even so, lounge access could become even more important, although that lounge certainly can't handle an irrops situation of any significance ...]

Last edited by ObserverA3; Dec 19, 2014 at 5:26 am
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:44 am

The lounge at LIS is small and does not have any windows. It gets very crowded during rush hours even without massive IRROPs going on. In short, nothing to write home about.

In any case, operating metal is the deciding factor in *A and you will (likely) not have access to the lounge on a TP codeshare with S4.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks - that's what I thought. I agree with your assessment of the lounge (and obviously with your assessment of *A rules) - I will still try and post the results here. [The reason I even asked was that I thought TP might have different rules with regard to their own lounges, but then again, these might only apply to their own elites ...]
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:51 am
Original Poster

According to the lounge person who checked me in, TP are treating S4 flights bought from TP under a TP flight number as TP flights for purposes of lounge access. Somewhat consistent with that approach, my BP said "S4xxx" and underneath "sold as TPyyy".

So all was well - I got into the lounge with one guest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.