Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Flight cancellation

Hi,

We bought flight tickets to Tbilisi,Georgia with a connection in Ukraine flying with UIA.
Now with things warming up in in the Ukraine, we wish to cancel the flight and get a refund.
According the "Fare Rules and Restrictions"

.. TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN CASE OF CANCEL/NO-SHOW/
REFUND.

Is there anyway to go around it?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Very unlikely. You will need the goodwill of both the air carrier and the OTA through whom you booked. You may also want to check your travel insurance to determine whether it has a provision covering civil unrest.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:19 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

It should be perfectly safe to fly through Ukraine. Only a small portion of Ukraine is facing unrest, and even if there are problems, airports are usually not affected by this type of thing.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum (Oneworld Emerald), AZ Freccia Alata (Skyteam Gold), Shangri-La GC (Jade)
They just signed a ceasefire!!

Kiev is quite far away from the eastern region and they will not even fly over that region anyway.

I had an extended stopover in BKK right after the coup in June. I was a bit concerned but it was the occasion to take the A-380 in F out from FRA and I wasn't going to let some military putschist ruin my experience.

In fact, I had a great time in BKK. Great weather, great food, great sightseeing and a fantastic massage at the Oriental for just 11 hours of stopover! IMHO, just take the flight and enjoy Georgian wine! You're going to be alright.

Last edited by wandering_persian; Sep 3, 2014 at 11:20 am
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Just returned from a trip to Kiev and even during the all the threats and talks during the weekend, Kiev was very quiet (in terms of tension) and lively (in terms of ppl on the street).

My VIE-KBP-VIE flight on UIA was mostly full as well... and I was quite surprised that the Y seating on UIA had as much legroom as some F seats I see on Delta Connection flights.

Lastly, if you google some of the routings for UIA - you will see that they go around all the rebel-held places. i.e. KBP-TBS flight goes west of the Crimean Peninsula.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:06 am

Moving to more appropriate forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.