Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Portugal - Upgrade / Check-in Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Silver

Hi all,

I am flying out from London to Fortaleza (via Lisbon) next week with TAP Portugal, with whom I have no experience.

I have recently had an issue with my left leg which requires that I keep it straight for prolonged periods.

I see that I am able to check in 72 hours before the long haul leg of my flight, so is this the only way I will be able to try and grab an exit row seat?

Also, I've spoken to the airline directly about this and they said that those exit rows were blocked off to them (for early booking) and that swift check in is best. Oddly, they also said that the Seat Guru advice around the back right seats here was incorrect and that they didn't have any additional legroom.

Anyone have any advice or tips regarding these seats or even obtaining upgrades?

Thanks in advance. ^
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:54 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Hi Rousseau,

Exit rows can only be given at check-in. At some point, only airport check-in agents were allowed to assign exit rows, so as to confirm that the person was able to operate the exits in case it was necessary. I believe now they're also available at OLCI, though.

Seatguru is wrong. As to choosing the best seat, TP has different A332 models with slightly different seat configurations and they all fly to all destinations (except POA, which only gets the new A332s), so it's hard to give you any guidance without knowing which specific aircraft will operate your flight.

On a different note, because CS-TOJ is out of service (as noted by GBM.flights here), flights to FOR this week have been operated by Evelop's CS-TRH (an A333). But next week the operation should already be back to normal, though.

Enjoy Brazil
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Rousseau
Also, I've spoken to the airline directly about this and they said that those exit rows were blocked off to them (for early booking) and that swift check in is best. Oddly, they also said that the Seat Guru advice around the back right seats here was incorrect and that they didn't have any additional legroom.
That is very ironic given that TAP's own website says that the A330s are missing 39H and 39J: http://new.flytap.com/mediaRep/edito.../fleet_en.html (click on the A330 and then click "Seating Plan")

It's a shame more airlines don't do a good job of providing official seat maps.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: LH FTL
Just as a kind note:

Not knowing what issue you have with your leg, I am certain that when mentioning a physical issue/condition to the Airline, they will NOT give you an Exit row seat 'for safety reasons'......

So if the issue is not that severe, I'd rather not mention anything, if the condition is more severe, I'd reconsider if Exit row is the right place (just in the remote case of an emergency).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.