Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Icelandair: Free WiFI for Saga Business Class and Economy Comfort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2014, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold

I flew from Paris to Reykjavik in Saga Class recently was pleasantly surprised to see they offer WiFi throughout the plane and was even more surprised that it was free for Saga Class and Economy Comfort passenger. It was fast and reliable.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Is this now offered on all flights?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cascadia
Is this now offered on all flights?
It's offered on all flights - they say in their publicity that the fleetwide roll-out will be complete by summer.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:20 pm

Do you know the cost of the wifi for the other classes?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cohusker
Do you know the cost of the wifi for the other classes?
It apparently varies by sectors - I guess length of flight. From Paris to KEF unlimited WiFi for the duration of the flight was $9
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Braniff
It apparently varies by sectors - I guess length of flight. From Paris to KEF unlimited WiFi for the duration of the flight was $9
Thanks for the info. I hope Saga Points can be used to pay for wifi in the future.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:50 pm

On KEF-YEG recently it was 8 euro in Economy but the coverage map shows that it's not supposed to cover a lot of Canada west of Eastern Quebec. I can't remember what coverage was for the U.S.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PunishedEdmontonian
On KEF-YEG recently it was 8 euro in Economy but the coverage map shows that it's not supposed to cover a lot of Canada west of Eastern Quebec. I can't remember what coverage was for the U.S.
Imagine much of ANC-KEF will be in a dead zone.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Imagine much of ANC-KEF will be in a dead zone.
Does not work over most of Canada. Good for about 3 hours after leaving KEF.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Cascadia
Does not work over most of Canada. Good for about 3 hours after leaving KEF.
That is a bummer. I hope they expand coverage soon.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
I'm flying SEA-ARN in a few weeks on FI in Saga, and it would be interesting to see what sat wifi is like. I use wifi on DL all the time, and find it worth the expense (now $49.95 for a month of access), but that is a land based system.

Hopefully, the a/c will have wifi installed.

I'm curious as to how Saga and EC passengers access wifi. Do they give you an access code at check-in, or something like that? I'm thinking that I should ask about this when I check my bag, if there is something I need to make sure I get before I'm on the plane.

It will be interesting to give this a try.

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Donna49
I'm flying SEA-ARN in a few weeks on FI in Saga, and it would be interesting to see what sat wifi is like. I use wifi on DL all the time, and find it worth the expense (now $49.95 for a month of access), but that is a land based system.

Hopefully, the a/c will have wifi installed.

I'm curious as to how Saga and EC passengers access wifi. Do they give you an access code at check-in, or something like that? I'm thinking that I should ask about this when I check my bag, if there is something I need to make sure I get before I'm on the plane.

It will be interesting to give this a try.

Thanks

If I remember correctly they just ask for your name and booking reference to identify you as entitled to free WiFi when you log in.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
11 Euro on KEF-YEG yesterday in Y.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braniff
I flew from Paris to Reykjavik in Saga Class recently was pleasantly surprised to see they offer WiFi throughout the plane and was even more surprised that it was free for Saga Class and Economy Comfort passenger. It was fast and reliable.

Flew Icelandair this morning and who gets free WiFi seems to have changed. It's now offered to Saga Class passengers and Saga Gold cardholders. There's no longer any mention of free WiFi for Economy Comfort...

For Saga Gold cardholders, you need to enter your booking refernce and your Saga Gold number for access.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Thanks for the update.

I guess they are experimenting with pricing this service, but for me, a lot will depend on the service level. SEA-KEF is about 7 hrs, but if coverage begins 3 hrs out of KEF, it would not be as useful as I had hoped.

Still, looking forward to giving this a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.