Wiki Posts
Search

Icelandair ticket and precheck

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2014, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Icelandair ticket and precheck

I just bought a ticket on Icelandair. The form had room for just my first and last names.

I'd like to get precheck; I have global entry. My originating flight is with US Air.

Will I have any issues in getting precheck?

My passport has first name, middle name, maiden name, last name. My drivers license has first name, maiden name, last name.

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GfL
TSA Pre-check is available only to US legacy carriers, so you won't be able to enjoy it's privileges when going through security for FI flights.
Old Feb 22, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'd like to use precheck with US Air, my originating airline.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Just a guess on my part, but as Icelandair does not code-share with US Air, and your trip originates with US Air, you have a US Air confirmation code that you will use to check-in for your US Air flight using their website.

Call Icelandair, and find out what your US Air confirmation code is and then have US Air enter your KTN in your US Air reservation.

As mentioned, Icelandair is not a participant in the precheck program but US Air is, of course, so you need to get your KTN into their system so, when you print your US Air BP to begin your trip, it will have your KTN and print "precheck" on the US Air PB.

Just a guess, but as your first BP will be from US Air, you need to get your KTN into their system.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:08 pm

I've been wondering how that work for us also. We are flying United ELP-DEN then recheck in DEN-KEF-LHR and return. I know that GOES will not be a problem but I think pre-check will be.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Peregrine415
TSA Pre-check is available only to US legacy carriers, so you won't be able to enjoy it's privileges when going through security for FI flights.
So I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. I don't expect TSA precheck, but since I have global entry can I at least get through customs faster? I called IceLandAir and the person on the phone didn't even know what Global Entry was... My flights for my european trip originate and terminate in the US.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:18 am
Company Representative, Icelandair

Originally Posted by benlt1000
So I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. I don't expect TSA precheck, but since I have global entry can I at least get through customs faster? I called IceLandAir and the person on the phone didn't even know what Global Entry was... My flights for my european trip originate and terminate in the US.
Hi Benlt1000,

Yes. Your Global Entry will be recognized by customs upon your return to the US, and you will be able to use their fast lane.

Have a wonderful flight!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IcelandairCS
Hi Benlt1000,

Yes. Your Global Entry will be recognized by customs upon your return to the US, and you will be able to use their fast lane.

Have a wonderful flight!
Perfect, thanks IcelandairCS! It's GREAT to know you are on these boards to help with questions like this ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.