Experiences with Pegasus?

Old Sep 30, 2013, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: united, american, alaska
Experiences with Pegasus?

I am looking at some internal flights in Turkey and, aside from having a schedule that works for part of what I am considering, the idea of flying Pegasus has a certain charm.

What I can't figure out is if there is a way to buy a one-way ticket on their website. It certainly isn't showing me a button to click on for that, but the website design is not exactly easy to navigate.

Alternatively, is there a good 3rd party engine to book the flight via?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:29 am

I booked two one-way flights on Pegasus recently but haven't flown them yet. There is a one-way button on their website:

http://www.flypgs.com/en/default.aspx

Had no problems booking or paying for the flights.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Sorry for the bump…anymore info on Pegasus?
Hadn't heard about it until I decided to do an Expedia search for IST-BUD flights and they have a SAW-BUD for about 1/4 of the price as Turkish IST-BUD. Time is pretty much the same but A) can't experience the Turkish lounge at IST and B) won't get any miles (albeit a small amount) flying on Pegasus.

On time? Nice for a short hop?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:14 am

I was not a fan. The highlight of the flight was the cute safety video. I flew from SAW-AMS-home last summer after Delta lost (yes, they completely disappeared from the system a week before our trip) our reservations from IST-CDG-home.

The cabin was extremely warm and the flight attendants were hawking duty free goods for what seemed like the entire flight. This was a very early morning flight (tip: If you are flying out of SAW and staying in one of the more touristy areas of Istanbul, give yourself at least two and a half hours to account for the drive and the general mayhem at SAW). Every snack and refreshment, including water, cost money. They have a menu with some good looking food and snack options. The menu also noted that you could pay with a credit card, which was good since we used up the last of our currency on the unbelievably long taxi ride to the airport. Once we had ordered up a couple sandwiches, bags of chips, cookies, and a couple drinks, I presented my credit card for payment. The attendant informs me its cash only despite the visa/mastercard logos all over the menu. So we have to hand $35 worth of food back over to the flight attendant. But using a credit card to pay for duty-free crap was no problem.

So in summary, I didn't have a great experience. They are a budget carrier and it shows. I've also flown Turkish Airlines and the experience was night and day compared to Pegasus. Paying up a little to fly Turkish Air, if an option, would be a no-brainer. I would really only consider using them again if it was a very short flight or substantially cheaper.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:23 pm

It's been almost 2 year since I flew Pegasus and that too for a short flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia in Turkey. The flight was a little over an hour. The planes seemed quite new and the flight was painless. Yes all items for consumption needed to be purchased. Sabiha Gökçen Airport (SAW) is on the Asian side of Istanbul and is a long and expensive cab ride away. A much cheaper and efficient way to get to it is by bus (Havatas) which leaves from the center of Istanbul and is a fraction of the cost.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:16 pm

One thing to note is that they are very strict with cabin luggage weight. Yesterday, at the gate in SAW, before boarding an international flight, they hung around with portable scales and actually weighed carry-ons and requested payment for overweight ones.

Other than that, it's a decent low-cost airline with an impressive network, good on-time record and really cheap fares.

Shuly
Old Jul 4, 2021, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
What the heck was going on with Pegasus Airlines yesterday at Dusseldorf airport?? There was a whole series of cancellations, apparently, and not just at DUS. Passengers in the terminal, undoubtedly at check-in, became very angry and staff feared for their lives... somebody grabbed a staff member by the throat, seemingly. Police were called to calm things down and no arrests were made.

https://www.stern.de/reise/europa/fl...-30601064.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.